Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Spectrexcwk
Please Continue...
eBay: Spectrexcwk
Initials: Nwb

Namco Noir Clone Disassembly?

Post by Spectrexcwk »

Hello,

I acquired my first cabs today - Namco Noir clones from a friend - https://pasteboard.co/8z9GMF5k.jpg.

Only problem is they're wayyyy to damn heavy to move upstairs into my place. I'm storing them in a friends garage.

I can't find a manual or any information at all about how to disassemble these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Re: Namco Noir Clone Disassembly?

Post by Jan »

removing the Monitor Assy is self-explaining. Open the back cover, disconnect all cable, remove the screw covers, unscrew and lift the Monitor off.

removing the Panel unit , well.. i`m sure it is possible, but i have never figured out how, it is definitly more tricky than with the Lindbergh.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
toltecnightmare
Please Continue...
eBay: j_cmoya
Initials: AJP

Post by toltecnightmare »

Spectrexcwk wrote:Hello,

I acquired my first cabs today - Namco Noir clones from a friend - https://pasteboard.co/8z9GMF5k.jpg.

Only problem is they're wayyyy to damn heavy to move upstairs into my place. I'm storing them in a friends garage.

I can't find a manual or any information at all about how to disassemble these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Took me a bit to figure out too, but after you remove the screws on the side plastic panels, there should be 2 more underneath, then 2 on the opposite side of that piece from inside the CP. The other 4 are at the top of the CP, holding the speaker covers in.

The wires to the speaker dont have much slack, though, so be careful. If you have to take them off at all, its easier to take the monitor off completely to get to the final screw in the back.

Once the cp and monitor are off though, several children could carry it up the stairs.
toltecnightmare
Please Continue...
eBay: j_cmoya
Initials: AJP

Post by toltecnightmare »

Dont mind the funk. I've had mine for 3 days, and it was in an arcade in Chicago.

2 outside, 2 more underneath, but those are step 3.

2 silver screws on either side of the bracket, and 1 above. Yours may look different, as mine were missing. These 3 screws on either side are step 2. I didnt realize there was a third in the last post :P

Yours may be over the top of the speaker piece, but that should be it. If they are, you'll have to lift that speaker piece off like i mentioned earlier.
Spectrexcwk
Please Continue...
eBay: Spectrexcwk
Initials: Nwb

Post by Spectrexcwk »

So I haven't forgotten about the thread!

I couldn't get the control panel off. Mine looks a bit different than yours toltec. Also I ended up removing 900 more screws than necessary to remove the monitor :problem: .

There is distinct lack of information about these machines online. I can pull up every piece of information known to man about a 25 year old Aero City. Yet info on this model from this decade is non existent. Maybe that's why everybody just buys candys?

Anyway I've contacted Namco about a manual and they sent one, but not the "Cabinet Operation Manual." I threw up a quick and dirty wiki page: http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Namco_Noir and linked the manual. Namco USA claim they can't find the cabinet manual. I'm trying to get them send me a pdf from Namco Japan, and I've asked Namco Europe to look into it too.