How to wire JlF Sanwa in american dynamo cabinet

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Mazinkaiser
Please Continue...

How to wire JlF Sanwa in american dynamo cabinet

Post by Mazinkaiser »

Hi guys im looking to install a sanwa jlf on my american dyno cabinet i have everything setup but i need to connect the stick which comes with a 5 pin sanwa harness to my existing connection which has a ground for every switch its an original suzo happ leaf swithches i know i have to solder each wire to the direction that is on the pinout but my question is what do i do about all the grounds? The sanwa only has one ground coming out of the harness can i kust just undo the daisy chain ground and just solder a single ground cable or what do i do let me know thanks for all the help :awe:
dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Re: How to wire JlF Sanwa in american dynamo cabinet

Post by dj_johnnyg »

Yep you can do that, and probably the cleanest method if you're not going to put the original sticks back in.

If you want the option to reinstall the original sticks, then just hook up 1 of the ground wires and put insulating tape over the other connectors.
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.
Mazinkaiser
Please Continue...

Post by Mazinkaiser »

Hey awesome thanks for the quick answer looking forward to using these sticks :D
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Post by NoAffinity »

Assuming you have .187 female quick disconnects connected up at the stock joysticks, you can get .187 male qd's and crimp them on the leads for the sanwa wires. Then connect male sanwa to female cab wiring, and like dj_johnnyg said, safe off the unused grounds. Less destruction this way. .187 male qd's can be found on ebay in bulk. Be sure to get the red ones/suitable for 22ga ones.
Mazinkaiser
Please Continue...

Post by Mazinkaiser »

That is awesome that will be the route i go keep my harness inact awesome thank you