Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
JuS7ChRiS
Please Continue...
eBay: JuS7ChRiS
Initials: CAT

Re: Chinese Vewlix

Post by JuS7ChRiS »

Hellfromabove wrote:
JuS7ChRiS wrote:Very Very Nice info. Can you tell me what supplier offers the replacement monitor for $400 DOLLARS 1080P NATIVE. Would be greatly appreciated.
Replacement Vewlix Clone monitor?
Yes
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Ah ok makes sense.
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

JuS7ChRiS wrote:
Hellfromabove wrote:
JuS7ChRiS wrote:Very Very Nice info. Can you tell me what supplier offers the replacement monitor for $400 DOLLARS 1080P NATIVE. Would be greatly appreciated.
Replacement Vewlix Clone monitor?
Yes
Open the back of the cab and you should either see another covering or the boards of the monitor. There should be a part number there. I'd take it to monitor resellers rather than arcade resellers and try to get some pricing. Should be cheaper that way.
badwhite40

Post by badwhite40 »

The Dia panel (at least the Panasonic one) is 768p

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... start=3210

Only the spare or the new black Dia are 1080p (in my knowledge)
Cheers!
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

Because your scaler is not able to detect it as 1080p Panel ? Neither does Win10, wich is notorius to do this with none standard (TV not Monitor) Displays ?

i give you a hint, you can investigate yourself, the Panasonic Screen uses a Toshiba Panel Matrix, wich is infact a rebraded LG Panel, that is why you won`t find any Details on the Screens id no. Now you could do some Research.

though it might infact be possible that there are different Panasonic Screens in use, that i don`t know.

when i have some space again, i will post a few pictures and infos from/about my dias.

meanwhile this is from the dia manual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
badwhite40

Post by badwhite40 »

These are resolutions supported, not the native from panel. All of them are supported, ok. But only one is native. And you were right in the hdcp issue (not 1080 supported in the vga port). And only is supported by the dvi, but then downscaled to 720p/768p

Look the patterns. If the panel should be 1080p, this should fit with the 1080p map (and should give moire and bad distance between lines in other resolutions), and not. The panel fit only with their 768 lines of vertical resolution.
In the same way, the horizontal are 1360 (the others fit 1x1 without fill the entire panel, only the 1360 is 1x1 full).

My Panasonic (the pana normal one included in the DIAs) is not FULL HD and I presume that the other (IPS TECH) either as you thought that all were 1080.
Anyway is a wonderful lcd. The colors and movement are awesome with low lag. The only weird for me is the complicated upscale possibilities (better 1080 for this).
Jan wrote:Because your scaler is not able to detect it as 1080p Panel ? Neither does Win10, wich is notorius to do this with none standart Displays ?

i give you a hint, you can investigate yourself, the Panasonic Screen uses a Toshiba Panel Matrix, wich is infact a rebraded LG Panel, that is why you won`t find any Details on the Screens id no. Now you could do some Research.

though it might infact be possible that there are different Panasonic Screens in use, that i don`t know.

when i have some space again, i will post a few pictures and infos from/about my dias.

meanwhile this is from the dia manual.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

that was not my point, the Screen requieres 60hz or very close to Display 1080 without Pixel issue. You can test this very easily if you connect a pc (most easily with win7 /1080p Tv Resolution with fixed 60hz) give him a native 1080p testmap Picture and force the Screen do Display 1:1, not wide, not scan or zoom.

but you are right, it is a very picky Screen.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
ArcadeObsessed
Please Continue...
eBay: arcadeobsessed
Initials: AO

Post by ArcadeObsessed »

Your are spot on Hellfromabove
These Machines are build really well
I decided to make an art package for mine
I also requested 1080p HDMI, DVI, VGA inputs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ArcadeObsessed
Please Continue...

Post by ArcadeObsessed »

Here are more images
ArcadeObsessed
Please Continue...

Post by ArcadeObsessed »

Why are my images upside down in thread, but once clicked on open normally ???
meekgeek
Please Continue...
eBay: oaynujken
Initials: HJY

Post by meekgeek »

Not sure if it helps.
I was curious myself where one can get a a replacement for a chinese vewlix monitor

Listed for US$120 before shipping, Wonder if it works with all chewlix
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a2 ... =16#detail

Mainpage:
https://shop107132270.taobao.com/?spm=2 ... 6758JMcMOm