Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...
eBay: a-murder-of-crows
Initials: RVN

Cyberlead Namco JAMMA -> JVS Board repair / Troubleshooting

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

Hello everyone.

I own a pair of Cyberlead cabs, which i got a good deal on overall considering their condition, but neither had a JAMMA -> JVS board when i started. I borrowed a river service board from a friend for a while and that let me play the non-jamma, non-vert games, but he eventually took that board back.

I ended up with a Namco JAMMA -> JVS board that worked great until this past January, where something appeared to have shorted. I tracked down a replacement about 2 weeks ago or so thanks to a member here. It arrived about an hour ago and i just tested it out.

It has the same problem as my original JAMMA -> JVS I/O board. Everything else works except controls.

So, i'm at a total loss as to what to do to fix things. I'm of the mindset that there is probably a blown replaceable part, but I don't know what part it would be or how to go about finding it.

I need some help. I'm fairly invested in these cabs and do not want to get a different cab, so thanks in advance for those who'd suggest that, but I'd much rather stick to figuring out how to fix my actual problem.

Also, i do know i could just directly wire these things up to the controls and call it a day, but that isn't an ideal solution should I ever happen to sell these cabs (though i fully admit that having a directly wired loom is starting to get tempting just so i could play on these cabs again).

Troubleshooting steps already taken
- Tried both JAMMA --> JVS boards on each cab with different games (Street Fighter 2 WW, Tekken 3, Moonwalker)
---- Result: Audio and Video work, boards send power over the JAMMA connection, no controls work.

- Tried Tekken 3 on via JVS directly
---- Result: All functions work, including controls.

Halp? Please?
Last edited by AMurderOfCrows on April 11th, 2017, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: Cyberlead Namco JAMMA -> JVS Board repair / Troubleshooting

Post by markedkiller78 »

Troubleshooting is the same as everything else. Start with the basics.

I'm sure you've said you have you have a tekken board that uses JVS for the controls. Does that work?

If so, at least you know your JVS IO is working.
AMurderOfCrows
Please Continue...
eBay: a-murder-of-crows
Initials: RVN

Re: Cyberlead Namco JAMMA -> JVS Board repair / Troubleshooting

Post by AMurderOfCrows »

markedkiller78 wrote:Troubleshooting is the same as everything else. Start with the basics.

I'm sure you've said you have you have a tekken board that uses JVS for the controls. Does that work?

If so, at least you know your JVS IO is working.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, the tekken board works fine with the JVS controls on both cabs.