Neo 25 - Replacement stick parts

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Neo 25 - Replacement stick parts

Post by NoAffinity »

Another thread here, for my efforts getting my Neo 25 in a better state than when I picked it up. The dust washers on the sticks are thrashed. I pulled one off a spare LS-32 I have and when replacing the worst of the two, I also notice the stick shafts are pretty beat up - tarnished, and corroded. So, I am wanting to replace both items on both sticks, but don't want to replace the entire assemblies, because the sticks work well.

Doing some quick research, I found that the sticks are LS-40's. Is this correct? I've always been a Sanwa guy, but I am not opposed to the feel of the Seimetsu's, and daresay I even like it....a little. :shifty:

Now, can someone link me to a stock replacement shaft and dust washer for these? Preferably on http://www.focusattack.com or https://paradisearcadeshop.com/, as that is where I do my shopping. :)

Thanks, guys! (that's not my cab in the picture, btw)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FoxhoundOh
Please Continue...
Initials: FOX

Re: Neo 25 - Replacement stick parts

Post by FoxhoundOh »

Focus attack is down for maintenance at the moment so I can't verify their stock. You might have better luck calling to confirm either they or paradise arcade have the parts you need. I believe LS-40's are a bit more uncommon than the LS-38's so for 100% accurate parts I recommend buying from akishop.

https://www.akishop.jp/joystick-parts/2 ... parts.html

Their prices are in Yen, but as far as I'm aware they will take international orders. Again, I would call or email Focus Attack or Paradise Arcade and confirm they have the specific parts. PA is especially good at responding to emails.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Thanks, mate! I've been in contact with Jaleel at Focus Attack. I always give them the business first, as they always provide great customer service. He said they don't stock these parts, but they are checking with their supplier.

I see akishop has the shaft, which is good news if FA can't get them. I'm skeptical of the replacement dust washers also listed in the replacement parts there on akishop, though, as all pictured LS-40's on FA, Akishop and Paradise Arcade all include a shaft cover (dust washer inner diameter would be larger to accomodate the shaft cover). It seems the stock offering on the Neo cabs is a bit unique in that it did not come with the dust washer. Or maybe that was a standard offering at the time, but isn't anymore.

I did a bit of research but wasn't able to determine conclusively if the dust washer from another stick like the LS-32 would be an exact replacement on the "LS-40 with no shaft cover".

Worst case scenario, I will just get the shaft cover+dust washer combo to replace the old beat up dust washers currently on the cab, but I'm making every effort to keep it original. 8-)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

The shaft cover is the reason why the shafts are corroded.

If you have a caliper you could measure the diameter. I don't have any LS-40s to check.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

nem wrote:The shaft cover is the reason why the shafts are corroded.
Possibly due to its application in its life up until now, that is true. But with light use in my man cave, I would expect replacement shafts without shaft covers to last pretty much forever without corroding...at least another 25 years. :think:

Sadly, I don't have calipers...but the dust washer I put on there temporarily came off of a LS-xx that came out of a non-working fight stick I picked up off ebay for parts...and it fits. I'd be surprised if that stick is an LS-40...have to see if I can ID it, and I think that will be my answer. :think: :think:
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

So, this is the stick that the dust washer came off of that is a perfect fit on the LS-40 with no shaft cover. Anybody able to ID this Seimitsu? Any other angles or identifiers needed, to know what model it is? :think: :think: :think:

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

That's a LS-32-01.
philsublime
eBay: philsublime2011
Initials: PHP

Post by philsublime »

In my opinion you should get LS-40. As far as I know, LS-40 Sticks are the way to go with the Neo25 cab. I'm happy with them ;)
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

^^Sweet, good info, thank you.

^Yes, I intend to keep it all original. BUT....it seems the dust washer from that LS-32-01 is an exact fit on the stock LS-40 (if someone knows differently, please correct me), so hopefully the LS-32-01 dust washer is something that is "readily available" even though it's probably the same part. So, with the proper replacement dust washer...by whatever part number the available sources stock it as...and a LS-40 replacement shaft, whether from akishop or if FA can get them for a reasonable price, I will have rebuilt the stick to stock....plus a bit of elbow grease to clean all parts, and give it a proper servicing while I have it apart.

Will provide an update. Thanks for the prod, fellows. :D