Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Gill
Please Continue...
eBay: gill_nu
Initials: JOG

AD-81P - "hook" question

Post by Gill »

Hi.

I recently adjusted my coin mech (AD-81P) to accept the new Swedish coin 2SEK, it's identical in weight and +-0.01mm in size to a 100 yen coin. I had to remove the magnet since the new Swedish coins are magnetic. The adjustments went quick but the coins get stuck on the "hook" in picture (marked as 1.).
When it gets stuck and I use another coin the first one will fall down but then the newly entered one will get stuck on the hook, outside cabinet it works perfectly.

If I use a screw driver and "tip" the "hook" the coin fall down as expected. I did a temporary solution shown in 2. and it works.

So my question...

What function do the hook have? Do I need it? My first thought were that the coin is too light and don't move the "hook", but the weight of a 100 yen and a Swedish 2SEK is exactly the same.

Don't mind top picture (.3), got that answered and new coin slot plastics has been ordered from eBay. :)

Cheers.

/Gill

NERDtendo
eBay: NERDtendo_Of_America

Re: AD-81P - "hook" question

Post by NERDtendo »

I believe the hook is there to prevent fishing with a coin to get free games...prevents the coin from being brought back out on a string after it is inserted just enough to activate the switch at the bottom.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

The swivel point might just need some light oiling.
Gill
Please Continue...

Post by Gill »

I find the fishing theory reasonable. Will try and lube it, if it doesn't help I guess I just can remove it or maybe just solder it in place.

Thanks for answers! Very much appreciated.
NERDtendo
eBay: NERDtendo_Of_America

Post by NERDtendo »

Here's the datasheet for the mech (EU version) just for fun...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gill
Please Continue...

Post by Gill »

Seen a lot of different pictures on the back but none with the "hook". Will go out to garage now and lubricate it a little bit.