Sega Aero City - Very Loud Distortion

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
trev1976

Sega Aero City - Very Loud Distortion

Post by trev1976 »

Hi

I've been running a PC in my cab for the last couple of years I thought I'd upgrade the graphics card, I thought it would be a straight swap but unfortunately it looks like I have to reinstall the drivers as I'm getting a garbled screen (I'm running it through a Jpac) anyway I thought I'd plug one of my CPS1 boards in to have a go on that but I've tried 2 different boards and I'm getting very loud distortion and adjusting the volume pot on both boards does nothing.. They were fine before ? Any ideas what could be causing it ?

Thanks
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
trev1976

Re: Sega Aero City - Very Loud Distortion

Post by trev1976 »

Could both CPS1 boards be faulty? I'm a little worried to plug another board into the Aero now.

I'll dig my supergun out tomorrow and test those boards on there.
YouTube
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

ok tested both CPS1 boards on my supergun and they work perfectly . Has anyone got any idea why my cab would be making that horrendous noise ? maybe i damaged something when i took the pc out ?

any help would be great :cry:
YouTube
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Ok worked it out if anyone is interested. . A couple of months ago I ordered a headphone pcb for my Aero and plugged the speaker wire socket in the CP case into the headphone plug on the PCB and all was well with my PC but as I've found out it need to be plugged into the plug labelled speaker on the PCB if your using game boards.

Like this one

http://s3d4.turboimg.net/t/8401519_IMG_1270.jpg

Just need to sort out why my JPAC isn't registering key inputs anymore now :(
YouTube