Fast swap/exchange method for SEGA CP´s???

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

Fast swap/exchange method for SEGA CP´s???

Post by Shadolf »

I´d like to have a method or mechanism to fast swap/change my SEGA contol panels.
Change from single player to two player panel and back without screws and nuts.
Is there anyone already doing this?
Any suggestions? Thought maybe something with magnets would work.
And I would need some fake screws/bolts for the optic.
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Re: Fast swap/exchange method for SEGA CP´s???

Post by bloodhokuto »

Maybe some button bolts with a shaft narrower that the thread on the cab with a horizontal hole on the shaft.

Fix CP down with with rubber washers between the CP and the bolt holes.

Drop bolts through, and affix body panel clips (what you use on r/c car bodies).

However, you need to find a bolt like this that not only has holes, but has them high enough to force you to press down the panel, or you would have to use a spacer sleeve with some resistance.

If you could get the right bits removing the panel could be quicker, but it would be a pain to get hold of the right bits so that the panel fits flush and tightly.

After all that faffing around, you may as well just replace the carriage bolts with machine screws, so you can just zip the screws out a but easier with an electric screwdriver.
denson
eBay: chubba100

Re: Fast swap/exchange method for SEGA CP´s???

Post by denson »

Not much quicker than unbolting the cp, but I sometimes keep spare panels in spare CP uppers. It's only 4 screws and it's off of the hinge versus 6 nuts and bolts, though sometimes it takes as long to get it lined up properly as it would to have just removed the cp in the first place... :oops: