PSU and light rewiring SNK Candy 25

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Re: PSU and light rewiring SNK Candy 25

Post by FcoBenitez »

Lucky guy :problem: I'm still waiting for my Nanao chassis to be repaired. Might as well save up to send it to Grant :(
2X Sega Aero City
Londoncalling
Please Continue...

Post by Londoncalling »

When I required my cab I ordered a led tube and just ran it directly to the power supply, been running great.
Moonwalker
eBay: Glmorgenstern
Initials: TOA

Post by Moonwalker »

nem wrote:The power switch is probably a double pole single throw switch, meaning it has two inputs and two outputs. One input and one output is for live (L), the other set for neutral (N). The AC line should come straight from the noise filter to the inputs of the power switch and from the outputs of the power switch they will separate into three AC lines: one for the PSU, one for the monitor and one for the ballast. This way you will cut all power from the cab.

Also, If you wire the power switch haphazardly you will short circuit it, so make sure which poles are pairs. It doesn't matter which side is input and which output as that will only affect the orientation of the switch (ie. which side is pressed for ON).

EDIT: nevermind, it looks like the switch is a single pole single throw. So you need to wire either L or N to it.
Hmmm... I actually didn´t change anything with the switch and N is connected to it. Not working though :/
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Check again. Either L or N should go straight from the noise filter to the switch. There's bound to be a jump in the circuit.