Net City and New Net City help

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Net City and New Net City help

Post by djsniperwolf »

Hey all! Quick question, hopefully someone can guide me.

I have been given the opportunity to go and pick-up two empty cabs. A Net City and a New Net City. The Net city comes with a wei ya monitor whereas the new net city contains no monitor. I am told all the iternal components such as coin mech and everything other than the Naomi are included.

The price is $800 for both cabs. I have to go pick them up which is an hour drive. Soooo... Am I getting a good deal here, or is this something that I should pass up? I have read that the net cities are good cabs.

Ill post some pictures later this evening, but any input would be great!

Thanks.
Last edited by djsniperwolf on January 11th, 2017, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Re: Net City and New Net City

Post by djsniperwolf »

Images
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Re: Net City and New Net City

Post by djsniperwolf »

Images
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flinnster
Please Continue...
eBay: flinnster
Initials: KID

Re: Net City and New Net City help

Post by Flinnster »

I would grab them if they were here in the UK ;)
WTD: Rolling Thunder pcb, ANY Dino King / Love & Berry / MushiKing spare parts!!
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

If you have the space then go for it :)
2X Sega Aero City
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. I was worried that the price was high or not worth it. Definitely gives me confidence in knowing it is money well spent :D . Space is an issue, but I will make them fit! Anyways, if anybody else has any thoughts, please let me know!
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Post by NoAffinity »

Don't do it, man...terrible deal. (Mostly because I've been eyeballing that Net City with the Wei-Ya monitor for about 2 months now, and hoping it held out until I had the funds to move on it). Other than that, I'm envious, and hope to see some updates once you get them situated in your possession.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

...and if you end up looking at them and not picking them up for any reason, please post your findings so others that may be interested (namely me :D ) can make a more educated decision on whether to move on them.
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

Haha, are you from the socal area?
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

djsniperwolf wrote:Haha, are you from the socal area?
Yes, San Diego County - city of Escondido :wave: :)
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

I hit the guy up in December and was contemplating getting the cab with the monitor. Decided to hold out though as the price was not to my liking. Plenty of better cabs out there that can be had for a similar price or less. Plus, keep in mind that he has listed that cab to need a recap on the monitor soon. For the price, I'd like to know it's in good/ great condition.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Hellfromabove wrote:I hit the guy up in December and was contemplating getting the cab with the monitor. Decided to hold out though as the price was not to my liking. Plenty of better cabs out there that can be had for a similar price or less. Plus, keep in mind that he has listed that cab to need a recap on the monitor soon. For the price, I'd like to know it's in good/ great condition.
Did you see the cab running and the current condition of the monitor? Also, is it strictly JVS (i.e. no JAMMA compatibility)? Assuming so, but you never know... Any other major issues, parts missing, or anything else worthy of note?
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Never went down to see it.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

djsniperwolf wrote:Thanks guys! Much appreciated. I was worried that the price was high or not worth it. Definitely gives me confidence in knowing it is money well spent :D . Space is an issue, but I will make them fit! Anyways, if anybody else has any thoughts, please let me know!
Update us. Did you ever pick it up?
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

I did pick them up. Unfortunately the monitor was DOA... So... I am in the process of etierh repairing the chassis, which unfortunately doesnt seem to be a cap issue, or sourcing a chassis to replace it. The second unit contains no monitor, so I may retrofit a 27" neoteo monitor into it. May require some modding but the monitor fits the frame.

A little bummed out as I paid a decent sum, so I am really looking for a way to get it up and running. That way I won't feel like I had made a mistake in picking them up.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

Did you test the one with a monitor, before hauling it off?

The tri-syncs are not original to those cabs are they? Assuming they are not, that means the monitor was already replaced once...and you may have a deeper issue.

Not sure on NC's or NNC's, but are there any fuses or anything protecting the monitor, like on Astro Citys?

Are you getting good AC power to the monitor?
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

NoAffinity wrote:Did you test the one with a monitor, before hauling it off?

The tri-syncs are not original to those cabs are they? Assuming they are not, that means the monitor was already replaced once...and you may have a deeper issue.

Not sure on NC's or NNC's, but are there any fuses or anything protecting the monitor, like on Astro Citys?

Are you getting good AC power to the monitor?

From what I was told, he wanted the monitor (nanao i think?) from the nnc to put in his atomiswave. So he put the wei-ya in the nnc. The chassis definitely has an issue, so I have been on a relentless mission to source a new one,

I honestly had no idea it would be this hard. I had convinced myself that I had no prolem fixing up neo-geos in the past. This should be no problem! Yeah, uhm... Definitely having an issue sourcing parts.