Help with connecting PS4 to HD Noir cabinet (clone)

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Sabih
Please Continue...

Help with connecting PS4 to HD Noir cabinet (clone)

Post by Sabih »

Hi guys,

I just picked up a couple of HD Noir clones with the intention of hooking up my PS4 and pad hacking it to set up a SFV rig. Here's what it looks like. Looks a little different to the other clones I've seen online. This one's branded LiveGame:

It has a variety of inputs, including HDMI and VGA:

The first hitch that I encountered was that it didn't detect an HDMI input at all (this happened with both of the cabs that I have). I picked up an HDMI to VGA adapter which solved my issue as it was detected at all resolutions through VGA, so that was sorted.

Now my main issue is that the screen is misaligned, and the left hand side is cut-off fairly significantly:

In terms of in-cab adjustment, there is a board that contains a few adjustment knobs, but it wasn't responding to any adjustments. This board includes a VGA input. I did try connecting the PS4 directly to this board, but nothing was displayed on the monitor.

Here's the back of the monitor,if this is of interest to anyone:

Does anyone own an HD Noir clone that could help point me in the right direction? How can I go about adjusting the screen?
Any help would be much appreciated!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Help with connecting PS4 to HD Noir cabinet (clone)

Post by nem »

The small board could be a scan converter.

Are you sure there isn't a remote board inside the control panel / under the card reader cover?
Sabih
Please Continue...

Post by Sabih »

nem wrote:The small board could be a scan converter.

Are you sure there isn't a remote board inside the control panel / under the card reader cover?
It's not in the CP. I unbolted the card reader cover, and it turns out that it's completely empty on the inside:

nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Surely all screens have some way to control them. Can the back panel be removed easily? Look for any wiring that isn't the power cable or the video cable.