Naomi Netboot, ok via python but error 31 via transfergame.exe

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Shun

Naomi Netboot, ok via python but error 31 via transfergame.exe

Post by Shun »

Hi All,

New member here. I've had a Sega Naomi Universal for a while now and have been netbooting games quite happily via Python scripts.
However, I have written a small program that can launch an transfergame.exe based on arguments that are sent to it by Mala.

The thinking behind this is that I have a Naomi menu in the Mala front end on a PC.
Choosing the game sends the location of the game to my custom exe which launches transfergame.exe and a Naomi splashscreen on the PC that locks input from the user. Once transfergame.exe has finished loading the game, the custom exe says that the game has loaded and is ready to go (or the user can choose another game).

I tried this out an it all works as it should, however, when the game has been loaded on to the dimm and has been checked and it attempts to start I get:

"Error 31 This Game is not acceptable by main board"

With the Python scripts, I have no issue. I also have a Zero pic so I don't need to have the python script communicating with the pc.

So I'm not sure why one method works and not the other. Could it be my zero pic is a certain version?