Shootout Pool Cash Cube conversion

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
big10p
Please Continue...

Shootout Pool Cash Cube conversion

Post by big10p »

Hi all

I'm new here, and new to the JVS world. I just picked up a Sega Shootout Pool Prize cab, and am hoping to convert it to play the full version of Shootout Pool. At the moment, I'm just trying to familiarize myself with the whole JVS/NAOMI 1 setup. As such, I have a few questions (first of many, no doubt!) I would be greatful if you guys could answer:

1) Is there a website or manual anywhere that details what all the DIP switches, buttons and connectors are for on the NAOMI 1 main board?

2) How much can I expect to pay for a Shootout Pool game cart? Anyone know where I can get one?

3) Will my NAOMI BIOS be compatible to run the full version? My BIOS is EPR 21578G.

4) Seems the full version uses 3 extra buttons. How difficult would it be to hook up the extra buttons needed?

Thanks in advance!
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Shootout Pool Cash Cube conversion

Post by grantspain »

i have a cart that was going to go on ebay,yours if you want it for £25 incl delivery
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Since Grant already kind of answered 2)

1) Dip switches alter the resolution, not sure what else. Buttons are for accessing the service menu. The connectors are for the JVS IO, video and audio output and power input (there are some others as well, but you shouldn't need them).

3) Should run just fine.

4) Very easy. You need two wires and the appropriate connectors for each button.
big10p
Please Continue...

Post by big10p »

Excellent. Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Grantspain: Yes please! Just to confirm, it's the full version of Shootout Pool for NAOMI 1? Can you hold it for me until this coming Thursday (15th), when I get paid?

Cheers
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

cart says shootout pool prize
yep can keep it for you
big10p
Please Continue...

Post by big10p »

Ah, that's the version I already have. It's a cut-down, gambling version. I'm after the full version.