Egret 2 + ms2931 chassis

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Egret 2 + ms2931 chassis

Post by zak »

Will a ms2931 chassis fit in an Egret 2?
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Re: Egret 2 + ms2931 chassis

Post by phillv85 »

Not sure about the chassis, but the tube won't have the correct curvature for the bezel.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

I've got a Toshiba tube with the right curvature (not hitachi) - having the chassis replaced with the 2931 - just need to know if the chassis will fit in place of the MS9.
cless
Please Continue...

Post by cless »

It doesnt fit, but you can make it fit :D
I basically cut some wood and made a platform for it to sit in mine. As for cabling: Degauss lines need to be lengthened on the tube, and it wouldnt hurt to lengthen the ground line a little bit. I'll upload some pics later
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

cless wrote:It doesnt fit, but you can make it fit :D
I basically cut some wood and made a platform for it to sit in mine. As for cabling: Degauss lines need to be lengthened on the tube, and it wouldnt hurt to lengthen the ground line a little bit. I'll upload some pics later
Thanks cless! So you had to remove the original shelf to make room for your wooden platform?
cless
Please Continue...

Post by cless »

I used one piece of wood to attach to the existing ledge, then a longer piece to attach to that so i could mount the chassis sideways, since that seemed to give the cables a decent amount of slack for rotation. (Well except the ground and degauss). Its not pretty, but it works and it was cheap since the wood was hanging around the house. Just need to remember to ground the chassis to the cab shell if you did what i did.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Thanks cless! Very useful!
cless
Please Continue...

Post by cless »

My bad, thats a ms2932s in my cabinet. Same idea applies to ms2931 though as i think the dimensions are also different from the ms9. What toshiba tube are you planning on hooking up to the 2931? I didnt think there were any with the correct curvature that were compatible with that chassis?
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

Using a A68KJU96X Toshiba (same tube found in a E2) with ms2931. I don't think it's ever been attempted before, but grantspain is a CRT ninja!

So this will be a tri sync monitor with the correct curvature in an E2 cab!

By the way, did you try adjusting the shelf in the E2? you can change the distance of the brackets to accommodate a bigger chassis.