Initials: CYD

Re: Any MVS-U4 Owners Out There

Post by Commodore64 »

Looks perfect! Thanks. :awe:
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

I should be getting a U4 from Ronnie next week!

Heard great things about these cabs, and being a neo fan for some time it's a great match for me.

It's a nice small cab too as I have space restrictions.

My biggest challenge will be getting the cab up some stairs when it arrives, but I am hoping that with the monitor out it will be more managable.

Will probably get some new sticks and buttons, I like the scheme with the multi colours.

I found some handy pics of a U4 being stripped, for future reference;
http://deneteus.smugmug.com/Electronics ... /i-ZDrJLj6"
EllertMichael
Initials: EME

Post by EllertMichael »

Congrats, man! The U4 has the most beautiful monitor I've ever seen.
blubbis
Please Continue...

Post by blubbis »

bloodhokuto wrote: My biggest challenge will be getting the cab up some stairs when it arrives, but I am hoping that with the monitor out it will be more managable.
I will quote myself from another thread about the same subject:
Removing the monitor is a lot of unnecessary work IMO.

Unscrewing the little metal thingie for the coins is essential IMO, then just strap the cab sideways on a trolly and two regular sized men can easily carry the weight up stairs. It's easy to get a good hold then so the weight isn't as bad.

:D

Since this cabinet is so much smaller, no need to put it sideways and also you can forget about removing the coin stuff. The little added weight of the trolly doesn't matter when you can get a firm grip.
bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto »

Thanks for that.

We did exactly as you suggested and it's now sited upstairs.

*For some reason the LED counter isn't working, although I may have disconnected the harness at the back of the MVS mobo (as I took it out).

Also, the marquee isn't working either.

edit LED counter now working.
Last edited by bloodhokuto on February 18th, 2015, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jase

Post by jase »

Looks great man, congrats! :awe:
yamanote
Please Continue...

Post by yamanote »

That is one seriously beautiful cab, and in fantastic condition. Even with an original manual. I'll be in the market for one of these later in the year hopefully.
bloodhokuto wrote:I should be getting a U4 from Ronnie next week!

Heard great things about these cabs, and being a neo fan for some time it's a great match for me.

It's a nice small cab too as I have space restrictions.

My biggest challenge will be getting the cab up some stairs when it arrives, but I am hoping that with the monitor out it will be more managable.

Will probably get some new sticks and buttons, I like the scheme with the multi colours.

I found some handy pics of a U4 being stripped, for future reference;
http://deneteus.smugmug.com/Electronics ... /i-ZDrJLj6"
bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto »

To be fair that picture is rather flattering, it does have wear and tear on it, bit of corrosion on the inside in the nooks and crannies (under the CP), plus it has no memory card / headphone connections.

Funny thing is, though, I don't mind that it is a bit worn round the edges, gives it a bit of character

With that said, the monitor is perfect, I can't believe how fantastic the games look.

Need to do;

1) Get a new bulb / starter for the marquee (still need to test that juice is getting up there first though.

2) Replace buttons and sticks - I just like to do this with new cabs, it also means I can give the CP a proper clean up.

3) Sort out the wiring to take Jamma Boards, if I can't get an adapter, then I was thinking of disconnecting Jamma wires L, M and 10, this should remove the danger element and I 'might' get mono sound????

4) Recondition the CP - get a new overlay printed and apply that to the current panel.

5) Get a 'six button' panel made up for Capcom stuff - is the CP plate a similar size to any other cabs?

Long Term;

6) Remove whole CP assembly (some of the screws are going to be a pain to get at with the monitor in). Sand down, treat and re-paint.
bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto »

Little update, I successfully replaced the marquee light ... I know that's not much, but little things at a time. :)

FYI The set up is;

Starter: 10 - 30 watt E17 Screw Base Starter FG-1E (17mm).

Light Tube: 15 watt T8 fluorescent 18" (450mm length x 45mm).

Even though the starter is not common (screw base), but it was only a few pounds. The tube is pretty common and, was also only a few pounds.

LWK
Please Continue...
Initials: LWK

Post by LWK »

I got my MVS U4 as a kid. It sat in my garage through changing weather over a decade. Restored it and it worked great. Currently I need to repair some segments of the chassis, but this cabinet is amazing. It is built like a car, it feels good. I think it'd be cool if we made a vinyl overlay. For the record, I own a Kyotaro 29, two super neo 29's, including TYPE II. Of all of these, the build quality of this cab dances on them easily
bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto »

Yeah I need to get the CP surround printed onto a sticker or something, I've seen the image files on here, just need to find somewhere that does that sort of thing.

Finally got around to dismantling the 4 slot to inspect the battery this evening, I did give it a quick glance when I got the cab and it seemed ok.

However when I took the 4 slot completely apart I noticed that it had leaked a bit but doesn't seem to have done much damage.

I ripped the battery out and cleaned up the area around it, so that's one less thing nagging in the back of my mind.

Presently only 1 slot seems to work well at the moment, which is not too bad, as I have the 161 in 1 in there, but I have been itching to play Real Bout and Slug 2 with red blood (the white sweat is really off putting), and I would like all 4 slots to work.

I guess I need to do a bit of fiddling around further to see if I just need to seat the carts in the other slots a bit differently, or if there definitely is something up.

I also only just realised that I can't use my MVS 1 slot into my cab, as it's 100% Jamma. :-o
matt5cott
eBay: matt5cott
Initials: MAT

Post by matt5cott »

Evening all,

One of my speakers has partially disintegrated, so I'm looking to replace both (might as well) anyone ever replaced theirs?

edit - Gone for these http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=EVNL001B"

edit again - they work excellently.
ImageImageImage
matt5cott

Post by matt5cott »

http://www.chasethedevil.co.uk/img/2015-04-08-5072.jpg

Taking mine apart as the chassis desperately needs recapping, alas it's a bit none standard TOEI TC-HV25LMK

Also, mine has no coin mech, can anyone here comment on what theirs is so I can try and source a replacement? Ta.
ImageImageImage
boxsniper
Please Continue...
eBay: box356
Initials: scb

Post by boxsniper »

Hi, I'm new to the forum and specifically joined to aid my search for a MVS-U4. How are you guys finding these? Mainly from friends/forum users? It's hard enough to find a Neo 25/29, but I'm having no luck finding any of these.

I've never seen one in person- just pictures online. I play on a Super Neo 29 pretty regularly, which is what got my search started. That's how I found this forum and the MVS-U4. Such a gorgeous cabinet!
arcadegame
#cavesunday

Post by arcadegame »

boxsniper wrote:Hi, I'm new to the forum and specifically joined to aid my search for a MVS-U4. How are you guys finding these? Mainly from friends/forum users? It's hard enough to find a Neo 25/29, but I'm having no luck finding any of these.

I've never seen one in person- just pictures online. I play on a Super Neo 29 pretty regularly, which is what got my search started. That's how I found this forum and the MVS-U4. Such a gorgeous cabinet!
It would help if you say where are you from,located
boxsniper
Please Continue...
eBay: box356
Initials: scb

Post by boxsniper »

It would help if you say where are you from,located
Good point- I'm in Seattle in the US. I"ve come across two in the States so far, but both were in very bad shape. I was looking forward to some refinishing, but given the rarity of the parts, they were too much to take on.
theoddtech
Please Continue...
eBay: grungehamster
Initials: dom

Post by theoddtech »

Hey blubbis did you ever make a sticker for the panel above the cp? (with the start buttons and credit counter) I recently got an MVS-U4/29 and that plastic is in bad shape. Thanks for all off your other uploads, they will be a real help in the restoration ahead!
n3o2o1o
Please Continue...
eBay: n3ogeo
Initials: N3O

Post by n3o2o1o »

Here is my baby :

MVS U4 - 29 with memory card reader and headphones plugs.

(Neogeo, SNK and 50 Yens stickers have been removed)
。◕‿◕。Candy Cabs 。◕‿◕。
matt5cott

Post by matt5cott »

Lovely cab mate, any chance of getting a part number off the coin mech :awe:
ImageImageImage
n3o2o1o
Please Continue...
eBay: n3ogeo
Initials: N3O

Post by n3o2o1o »

HI, today i've get my 2nd MVS U4 (in 25" this time, the other one is a 29")
I have some work to do on it (paint), but it have a problem with the TOEI board :(, hope i c an repair it quickly (i have no image and can hear some kind of whistle near the big caps)
。◕‿◕。Candy Cabs 。◕‿◕。