Any MVS-U4 Owners Out There

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
julius blaze
Please Continue...
eBay: pincer_attack

Re: Any MVS-U4 Owners Out There

Post by julius blaze »

It's strange you call it heavy...mine is the lightest cab I have ever owned. It's lighter, smaller and less cumbersome than a NAC. I rolled mine from my truck, down a grassy hill into my backdoor by myself. You have to go woodie to really appreciate a heavy cab. :D

I'm going to get the artset from jasenscustoms.com when I have the free cash to replace all my stickers. I've ordered his CPS2 stickers and they're excellent, so I assume the MVSU4 ones will be pretty good.
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

I guess you're right, I just felt it was heavy but I guess bigger cabs are heavier and I appreciate that!

I still haven't been able to track down the jamma converter to enable me to play my nhl 2 on 2 board on the cab... I emailed all the links but to no avail..

Anyone have any more links that can help? Basically been advised to not just stick in a jamma board as it would do harm.

Has anyone tried midway board like nba jam, 2 on 2 open ice or wwf arcade game on these?
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Post by Johnnychaos »

You'll apparently fry your audio amp putting a standard jamma board in that without a converter.
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

Right. I just can't seem to track this converter down, despite the links provided :S

Got no reply from them. Anyone have any for sale by any chance? :wtf:
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
jodre

Post by jodre »

julius blaze
Please Continue...
eBay: pincer_attack

Post by julius blaze »

This is what I use, and yes you will fry JAMMA boards just putting it into your MVS harness.
Maestro3h

Post by Maestro3h »

Hi!!

I will be the owner of this cabinet the next week!!

As you can see it's the MV-U4 25" with no burn-in screen, but i think i will need new stickers and maybe some love!! :awe: :awe:

I'm Happy!!
Wurstkopp
Mister Dick Statue
eBay: nachmittagsprogramm
Initials: NIK

Post by Wurstkopp »

Every two weeks I get these messages because of the control panel overlay. Could someone please to upload it to the wiki? Here are the sidearts too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtm5dq1wh3ahs ... s.jpg?dl=0"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj6w6f0udg3p2 ... 2.jpg?dl=0"
Commodore64
eBay: tachikawa-games
Initials: CYD

Post by Commodore64 »

Maestro3h wrote:Hi!!

I will be the owner of this cabinet the next week!!

As you can see it's the MV-U4 25" with no burn-in screen, but i think i will need new stickers and maybe some love!! :awe: :awe:

I'm Happy!!
Congratulations, it's a great Cab!
Maestro3h

Post by Maestro3h »

Wurstkopp wrote:Every two weeks I get these messages because of the control panel overlay. Could someone please to upload it to the wiki? Here are the sidearts too:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtm5dq1wh3ahs ... s.jpg?dl=0"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj6w6f0udg3p2 ... 2.jpg?dl=0"

Hi!!

A lot of thanks Wurstkopp!!!

:thumbupright: :thumbupright: :thumbupright: :thumbupright:
Deneteus
Please Continue...
eBay: dsmith1748
Initials: DDS

Post by Deneteus »

Howdy. I picked this up in PA and had it shipped to Texas. MVS-4-25 white CP. Came with 4 games. Shipping got me but after I played it, it was worth it.

The original owner picked it up at a furniture store in Japan where he was stationed. Once it was delivered I opened it up and the board was in good condition, the wiring good, the monitor was perfect, but the control panel had been devastated by a softdrink. The drink had dried and rusted all the way into the cabinet.

I was able to get the LS32's to play like new with some silicon and some playtime and waited about a week until I had enough cash to strip it down. I was going to have it powder-coated but changed my mind and went with sanding everything down, primer and paint. I took the door off the front and tried to have them color match it and we found a card that was the right color and I went over and purchased Rust-oleum White Automotive Enamel and the color was dead on.

I am almost done the paints drying. Here is my worklog so far: http://deneteus.smugmug.com/photos/swfp ... Key=2jPFJV"

Whats left:

*Paint the CP surround white. Sanding and primer is done.
*Re-print the CP art. Replace the original metal overlay with a new one.
*Paint the shield red.
*Reprint all stickers. (I kept the originals . I wanted some character.
* Clearcoat the entire thing.
* Install LS-40's
* Replace the Marquee light-bulb
* Fix the rubber footrest
* Recap the monitor
* Recap the powersupply
* Replace the buttons

Note: I repainted the speaker grills red

I also have a question. Does anyone have a copy of the CP art that has the mounting holes marked so I can get a reprint. The only one I found has no bolt pattern. Also did anyone remake the plate undernearth?
'There's a storm coming!' - Wolverine / |Ikari Warriors Never Die!|
blubbis
Please Continue...

Post by blubbis »

Deneteus wrote: I also have a question. Does anyone have a copy of the CP art that has the mounting holes marked so I can get a reprint. The only one I found has no bolt pattern. Also did anyone remake the plate undernearth?
It's just a 5mm square 7mm in from the edge on all sides, so pretty easy to put in for anyone printing the overlay for you.
Deneteus
Please Continue...

Post by Deneteus »

blubbis wrote:
Deneteus wrote: I also have a question. Does anyone have a copy of the CP art that has the mounting holes marked so I can get a reprint. The only one I found has no bolt pattern. Also did anyone remake the plate undernearth?
It's just a 5mm square 7mm in from the edge on all sides, so pretty easy to put in for anyone printing the overlay for you.
I passed that info to AmpedUp! Customs and he is going to use those recommendations to make me a top plate. I am also going to hand him the bottom plate so we can make copies of that as well.

The end goal being to reproduce this plate as many times as needed for those that don't want to mess up their original plates which were silk-screened.

It would be helpful if someone that has a mint plate with solid colors could scan it for us as well so we could get the texture down as well as the color layering. Mines too worn to be a good example.
moshpit
Fantasy Zone Finder
Initials: RON

Post by moshpit »

You didn't remove locks etc. before painting it? :think:
WARNING! A HUGE BATTLESHIP IS APPROACHING FAST!
Deneteus
Please Continue...

Post by Deneteus »

moshpit wrote:You didn't remove locks etc. before painting it? :think:
I actually put blue painters tape on them so the paint didn't get in the lock. When I was taking the paint off I left them on. A quick dip in gel stripper would clean off any lock that did have paint on it. Also there was only one location that had rust where a lock was that I cared about. I am probably going to take all the locks out that don't matter anyway.

Some kid touched the control panel today after I had finished the last layer of paint and clear-coat, so now I have to wait till it dries to sand it and re-paint/clear coat it.

I got a guy at Fast Signs are going to re-print all the stickers for me since I brought him PDF of the stickers and CP art.
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

Hefty restoration Deneteus! Looking forward to seeing the finish results.
Deneteus
Please Continue...

Post by Deneteus »

Chempop wrote:Hefty restoration Deneteus! Looking forward to seeing the finish results.
Me too. It's 1000% whiter than the original for sure. Looking at the original pics is like night and day. Does anybody know where I can find the M4 16mm carriage bolts that for the control panel in the U.S.?
Deneteus
Please Continue...

Post by Deneteus »

blubbis wrote:
I measured mine with digital calipers and they are 4.3mm squares as they use M4x16mm carriage bolts. 85.2MM apart from top to bottom. 7.7mm from the outside edge.
Commodore64
eBay: tachikawa-games
Initials: CYD

Post by Commodore64 »

Anyone of the U4-Bros out there knows how to properly play "normal" JAMMA PCBs in this bad boy? Mine has still its original wiring and I killed my speakers, once... I do not want to repeat this. :D
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »