Any MVS-U4 Owners Out There

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
robotype
eBay: toy_pop

Re: Any MVS-U4 Owners Out There

Post by robotype »

Spankminister wrote:I could have sworn I found one, but I'm combing all my computers and coming up with nothing, which is really frustrating. Hopefully someone has this somewhere.
thank you for looking! in my experience that's actually the most "endangered" part of the cabinet so I find it curious a replica was never made.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

Can the CP frame be removed from this cab to reduce the depth? If so, can anybody tell me the dimensions without the CP frame/box?
mikejmoffitt
eBay: 7raster

Post by mikejmoffitt »

Checking in with my MVS-U4, which I'm working on. Got it in ratty shape, added a monitor and re-did the control panel. Just need to get some carriage bolts to hold the panel in place.

How I got it:

As it stands now:
Next is the bolts, the monitor glass, and getting an MV4 in there. It's got a 2-slot I had lying around.

The stripes are painted on by the previous owner (this thing has survived operator paint hell many times). I think I should strip the bezel, repaint it white, and then get decals printed to bring it back to how it should be.

The plastic 1p/2p/select panel is alright, but it has a little scratch graffiti and is pretty diffused. I wonder if I should try to lightly polish it. If I can get a flatbed scanner, it might be worth scanning just for reference in vectorizing it and producing a replacement.
zipper
eBay: bazpatts
Initials: BAZ

Post by zipper »

The plastic is scanned and in the wiki i think : http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/0/0e ... isplay.pdf
Awesome work by the way. It was in a bad state originally.
I'm making a custom, mini, U4 at the moment - will share some pictures when there's something nice to look at.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

mikejmoffitt wrote:The plastic 1p/2p/select panel is alright, but it has a little scratch graffiti and is pretty diffused. I wonder if I should try to lightly polish it. If I can get a flatbed scanner, it might be worth scanning just for reference in vectorizing it and producing a replacement.
Is this piece plastic or some kind of vinyl? I am going to print a set and not sure what material to use for this one. I'm going with polycarbonate for the CPO and vinyls for the blue side stickers, but not sure what material to use for this one. Also the art in the wiki is red in the where the counter screen is, wonder if it will affect the screen visibility, maybe just leave it transparent?
mikejmoffitt
eBay: 7raster

Post by mikejmoffitt »

zumbito wrote:
mikejmoffitt wrote:The plastic 1p/2p/select panel is alright, but it has a little scratch graffiti and is pretty diffused. I wonder if I should try to lightly polish it. If I can get a flatbed scanner, it might be worth scanning just for reference in vectorizing it and producing a replacement.
Is this piece plastic or some kind of vinyl? I am going to print a set and not sure what material to use for this one. I'm going with polycarbonate for the CPO and vinyls for the blue side stickers, but not sure what material to use for this one. Also the art in the wiki is red in the where the counter screen is, wonder if it will affect the screen visibility, maybe just leave it transparent?
It feels like polycarbonate to me. On the plastic for mine, the part with the numbers is a translucent red. I wouldn't leave it transparent, rather tinting it dark would produce the best results I think. If you are printing more than one, please let me know, I might be interested. I haven't printed the vinyl stickers yet.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

mikejmoffitt wrote:
zumbito wrote:
It feels like polycarbonate to me. On the plastic for mine, the part with the numbers is a translucent red. I wouldn't leave it transparent, rather tinting it dark would produce the best results I think. If you are printing more than one, please let me know, I might be interested. I haven't printed the vinyl stickers yet.
Yes, printing a bunch of them, dont think they will print me only one. I think I'll do that, vinyl side art, polycarbonate CPO and small panel. What I am worried is about the polycarbonate being a bit too glossy, MVS panel is quite mate. Are the side art vynils mate or glossy?
BeaglePuss
Please Continue...

Post by BeaglePuss »

Hi everyone,

I have an MVS-U4 (25 inch monitor) currently in transit, and it needs the following things in order to be 100% up to snuff:
- New sheet of glass.
- Speaker replacements

I'm in need of the dimensions for the glass as well some recommendations for upgraded speakers. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. I was also wondering whether or not the glass is clear or smokey on the original MVS-U4?

Thanks!
- Matt
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

Has anyone here restored the original CP? I finally got.my hands on this but there is no overlay, the paint is applied over the metal plate.
Any idea about how to proceed with this?
j69

Post by j69 »

Some lucky **** just picked one up with a broken monitor for £150. I'd have snapped his hand off for it

https://www.gumtree.com/p/console-repla ... 1261938669
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Lucky guy
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
jmurdock2018
Please Continue...
eBay: jmurdock29
Initials: jam

Post by jmurdock2018 »

I have a MVS-U4 that I am interested in selling. I can post pictures. I never got around to restoring it but its in working condition with excellent monitor.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

jmurdock2018 wrote:I have a MVS-U4 that I am interested in selling. I can post pictures. I never got around to restoring it but its in working condition with excellent monitor.
haha, Same boat here synched!
raditz
Please Continue...
eBay: delf_djeou
Initials: RAD

Post by raditz »

Hi !
I've bought a SNK MVS-U1, not referenced in the wiki of the forum, never seen before
I've a little problem with my screen (Toei TC-RM251S/Hitachi) : image is dark
I've capkited the Toei, tried to setup the pots, changed the flyback... I've more light, but it is always too dark :cry:
Any advices ?
Thx
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Clean the glass, use in a dark room?
raditz
Please Continue...
eBay: delf_djeou
Initials: RAD

Post by raditz »

Glass is ok, yes used in a dark room, my gaming room.
I'm asking if the problem could come from the monitor :problem:
matt5cott
eBay: matt5cott
Initials: MAT

Post by matt5cott »

matt5cott wrote:Lovely cab mate, any chance of getting a part number off the coin mech :awe:
Whilst I remember! For reference I sourced an AD81P Coin Mech from richy13 off this forum and it fits perfect 8-)
ImageImageImage
Mikeortizz
Please Continue...
eBay: Mikeortizz
Initials: Hbk

Post by Mikeortizz »

Hi im interest in your mvs u4 arts do you have them yet??
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

Is there an english version of the japanese U4 manual available? The one posted in the wiki.
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

Are there any direct replacement speakers for the MVS U4?

Looks to me like 3x5" tv/radio speakers.

They're utterly ****.