Egret 2 Probems

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
porkpye

Egret 2 Probems

Post by porkpye »

My egret 2 has been causing me a few problems. Firstly when I have used a 6:1 jamma switcher it displays the picture but no sound. I have also tried donpachi on it but it does not boot up until I press the reset button. When it does the graphics and sound are all distorted. I think it could be the 5 volts. I have checked the manual and I believe it is a blue screw on the power supply that is used to adjust it however when I turn it it just continues to go around as if it is not connected. Is this correct I did not have a multimeter and just assumed I could get results by just turning it.
Mellor
Please Continue...
Initials: MEL

Re: Egret 2 Probems

Post by Mellor »

Hey,

You definitely want to have your multimeter on the 5v and ground. Ideally on the pcb where it is required. Otherwise on the Jamma edge will be fine possibly .0x above 5v where x is a small number. You could damage boards by having this voltage too high or low. So its best not to just twiddle it and hope for the best. This could be the problem for both graphical and sound problems, the wrong voltage can cause random problems. Although 12v is usually used to power the sound amp if it was sound alone. You will be adjusting the right thing on the power supply. It is usally fairly slack but does feel like something is there. A multimeter will help out there. Only the slightest of movements will register.

You can use anything on the power supply to draw current. Like a low wattage light bulb. You must have something drawing power as the power supply will not output anything. I don't recommend using Cave pcb's for this job. I do sometimes use a crap worthless PCB for the job.
porkpye

Post by porkpye »

Thanks, I will get my dad to bring his round and hopefully adjusting it correctly will solve the problems.
richy13
Ming the Merciless
eBay: ...

Post by richy13 »

hiya paul

i can take a look @ this if you like matey?lmk if you get it sorted:)

richard
porkpye

Post by porkpye »

richard wrote:hiya paul

i can take a look @ this if you like matey?lmk if you get it sorted:)

richard
Thanks for the offer Mark is going to call round and look at it and show me how to tate the astro.