New Vewlix L stock Black/Silver

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
aznxtc
Please Continue...

Re: New Vewlix L stock Black/Silver

Post by aznxtc »

These are a lower Lcd panel than the original...Weiya Manufactured and doesn't have DVI input. I'm not to worried about the panel myself as I'm gonna swap it out for a consumer panel to use with the SLG as Most commercial (Arcade) panels Have 1366x768 which has moire patterns when used with the SLG.

What I'm really worried about is if this is a real true Vewlix like they say it is, and not a replica with taito badging.
Either way for the price it's not to bad.
Cell247
eBay: Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

I basically wanted an F. I wanted one for a few years now. After my friend got one and I got to play on it, I wanted it more. But the price on used ones is just crazy. I got a quote from Rs with shipping and it was $6k. :o So if I get silver one, I'm going to swap to all white sides, even CP sides, like the F. The OG L has black sides. Then after I add movestrip light I will run lag test on the LCD. If it's 2 frames or worse, I'm going to swap it out. Maybe with new Viera with the Alpha panels. This is all IF it actually makes it to a boat and floats itself here. I think my next email from Coinop will state that mine is actually a Foolix.
:awe:
Wanted: Vewlix L 1p control panel
clutch
Please Continue...

Post by clutch »

That's a lot of scrilla for what amounts to a frame that holds an lcd monitor and a control panel. Am I missing something here? I will admit they look hella cool and I would love to have one, but the price is killing it for me.
aznxtc
Please Continue...

Post by aznxtc »

You can say that for all HD cabs...You can't deny that out of all the HD cabs out there right now The Vewlix has to be the Sexiest :awe: .
Price is pretty good considering how much they were before just a little more than the clone's...Reason why i didn't hesitate to snatch it up.
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

clutch wrote:That's a lot of scrilla for what amounts to a frame that holds an lcd monitor and a control panel.
That's my problem with new age cabs as well.
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

i had an F and an L standing side by side running SF4 in vs mode and i can tell you that the image quality of the L i had ( AMI Version) was pretty much the same.

the only difference is that the sanwa has more adjustment options and it can better handle 480p upscaling.

thou , i`m not 100% sure what screen model the L had build in.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Well still getting pics of a white and black one now. I asked for shipping pics and I got these. Who knows if these are actually mine. :awe: Its been over 40 days since payment now. But that could have been waiting for a container to fill up or what not. Also I have no idea if things in Japan have effected shipping from Asia by boat all together.

redstallone
eBay: redstallone

Post by redstallone »

Any updates? :)
Look like the "china Taito Vewlix" Cabs are standard Jamma... wonder about the scaler.
Tugdaniels
Please Continue...
eBay: -#$

Post by Tugdaniels »

redstallone wrote:Any updates? :)
Look like the "china Taito Vewlix" Cabs are standard Jamma... wonder about the scaler.
http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewto ... &start=125
Aka Koma
KDF CREW
redstallone
eBay: redstallone

Post by redstallone »

I know...but i suck in school..french :?

Is there any scaler info.... jamma info... Waiya monitor info...
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Mine hasnt arrived yet. Ive been keeping up with that French thread, but some of it is lost in translation. I see it has a jamma adapter, but I can see the USB running into it, so I was hoping it was JVS ready.

It seems the French owner is having problems hooking up an Xbox 360 to it? Im not really sure really sure how its wired. Im kind of depressed now as I was hoping this was going to be setup for use with the TypeX2 I just got. And I got some pad hacks made for Xbox/Ps3 use in this cab also. The pics of the cab itself from the French thread look great. The cab looks to be very nice. Im just not sure about the LCD or wiring. :(
hadoukenMD

Post by hadoukenMD »

Looks beautiful though.

had
Halvie
Please Continue...

Post by Halvie »

Anyone know what is up with the Highway white vewlix clone? They are also selling the new cheaper L model, but this clone is a decent amount more. Any idea as to why?

http://www.arcade-game-sales.com/produc ... 516-3.html"
Deadbone
Please Continue...

Post by Deadbone »

My understanding is this it's old stock from a buy in Sept 2010. They imported the white and the blue version into Australia and sold them all but this one was put back up on the website only a few months ago.

Here's are the original links
http://www.highway.net.au/news/254.html
http://www.highway.net.au/products/prem ... 10516.html

It has the 1080p version monitor and came bundled with a multi game board and stools. I would say also the Australian dollar wouldn't have been as good as it is now.
Halvie
Please Continue...

Post by Halvie »

Not sure what cab to go with.

Was quoted: New Delta used: 200,000 JPY
New Delta new: 258,000 JPY
Delta 32 used: 128,000 JPY

The cheaper Vewlix L seems like it is a good deal imo. Still waiting to find out about shipping prices.
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Mine is in customs now. For how long I don't know. Then still has to travel far to get here. It's been about 60 days now.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

At least it's here in the US. Did you get killed on Customs charges?
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Korszca wrote:At least it's here in the US. Did you get killed on Customs charges?

No. Customs was $45. But now they are saying they didnt know that I wanted this shipped to the front door of my HOUSE. Ive stated this many times. I am an individual not a business. I assume that Coinop told them this and paid them. Ive rechecked every **** email, which is like over 100 now, just to make sure I have been specific at every step. Just so **** like this wouldnt come up. Why is this so hard. It would seem some where in the world someone could make a company that could ship **** like this any where in the world at a decent price with no hassle and everyone would be happy while making a few bucks. Sorry for that sentence. This is United Logistics that Im dealing with. Its been over 60 days now. I think the guy in France got his in like 1 week. That was shipped by plane and he also picked it up at customs, but still. End of my rant. :)
Halvie
Please Continue...

Post by Halvie »

Would people pick the Chinese vewlix L over one of the clones? Taking future console compatibility into consideration (clone having hdmi and whatnot).

:palm: at JPY to USD right now. Kinda limits what I am looking at.
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Halvie wrote:Would people pick the Chinese vewlix L over one of the clones? Taking future console compatibility into consideration (clone having hdmi and whatnot).
Sure, why not? If the price is around the same I'd get the Vewlix (I mean, after someone broke my kneecaps and forced me to get an LCD cab :awe: )
Halvie wrote: :palm: at JPY to USD right now. Kinda limits what I am looking at.
Yeah, the dollar sucks **** now. And it's not just against the JPY, it's **** against every major currency.