cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: GB Tetris

Post by cools »

Mine is 180

Zim has 212.

(For anyone that's wondering - in IRC we've been playing Tetris GB for about 2 months. Scores are only valid from a Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Light and an original Tetris cart. Feel free to use a GBC or GBA with the cart, but the game plays faster :D)
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

186 :D
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Rumbled. Feel free to delete my score/posts as I've never actually owned a Gameboy. :shifty: :awe:
invzim
eBay: prrole

Post by invzim »

242!
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
Molloy
Please Continue...

Post by Molloy »

154 - Molloy

From memory. Used to always max out around 130 or so but I played a stormer one day and achieved that. I'd say it took me 10 years of practice as a conservative estimate.
fenikso
Please Continue...

Post by fenikso »

167 (lines) - 167956 (high score)

I've done better than this on other occasions, but for this run it was the best I've gotten in a while.

PS - Using a GBA SP "With new brighter screen!" and original beat up copy of Tetris for the GB.
Magpies that shriek, old boots that leak
call me to Jack-A-Lynn.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

230 - Ive always remembered that.

I had to play cross handed the last few levels so I could sieze up my right hand to quickly tap left and right fast enough (holding a direction is too slow). I always thought level 23 was humanly impossible to pass. Well done invzim! :shock:
fenikso
Please Continue...

Post by fenikso »

202 lines - 236991 high score

I think I'm gonna need Crystal Meth to get much higher than this...
Magpies that shriek, old boots that leak
call me to Jack-A-Lynn.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Ah I see. New scores only is it?
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I actually fancy digging out my gameboy for a new challenge now. The day I got 230 was the day I finally retired from those long tetris games on the toilet. :D
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

I should pick this up again and school you all :-P. I once got into a car, played one game for 3 and a half hours, and didn't lose by the time I had to get out of the car. Something like 500 lines. shame to give that game up.
I stream myself playing Otomedius when I get bored
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/otomedius" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

dieKatze88 wrote:I should pick this up again and school you all :-P. I once got into a car, played one game for 3 and a half hours, and didn't lose by the time I had to get out of the car. Something like 500 lines. shame to give that game up.
Are you sure your talking about original tetris? Most of the other varients are a lot easier. For example, gbc tetris would pause while you move the shape (you could even get the shapes to roll back up if you shoved them into a wall!), meaning there was no need to ever die. BIG flaw actually because, as you say, most games would end due to boredom.

A lot of other tetris games, no matter what level your on, either allow you to slide or roll the shape when it lands but before it 'locks' or they have a 1 second pause before the drop, allowing you to position it comfortably before it flies down - another big flaw.

In short: I don't believe you :awe:
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

pubjoe wrote:
dieKatze88 wrote:I should pick this up again and school you all :-P. I once got into a car, played one game for 3 and a half hours, and didn't lose by the time I had to get out of the car. Something like 500 lines. shame to give that game up.
Are you sure your talking about original tetris? Most of the other varients are a lot easier. For example, gbc tetris would pause while you move the shape (you could even get the shapes to roll back up if you shoved them into a wall!), meaning there was no need to ever die. BIG flaw actually because, as you say, most games would end due to boredom.

A lot of other tetris games, no matter what level your on, either allow you to slide or roll the shape when it lands but before it 'locks' or they have a 1 second pause before the drop, allowing you to position it comfortably before it flies down - another big flaw.

In short: I don't believe you :awe:
Yes the original. I've gotten up to about 250 on TGM. The easier variants I can do farther on, but I'm really really good at puzzle games. I'm currently trying to get the world record speed to 6-9s in Panel de Pon DS.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/otomedius" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Post by John James Pacinelli »

We are gonna need some references son.

:awe:
Vagina
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

John James Pacinelli wrote:We are gonna need some references son.

:awe:
I start college today, but as soon as I have a day off, I'll play some tetris and put together a video or at least some pictures.

I do have some decent time attacks for Panel de Pon DS on my youtube channel (same username as here)
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Post by John James Pacinelli »

So you took that seriously :awe:
Vagina
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Tetris is serious business.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

this is like king of kong .......next you know that kernow and cools will be on your doorstep to verify your equipment "cough"....or maybe even jjp :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

kernow wrote::ugeek:

I'll be handing in videos from now on and not doing live shows. :awe:

:lol: :shifty: anyone have a video player!! :P

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"