High Score Competition App/Site

Post your high scores here!
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

High Score Competition App/Site

Post by Mantrox »

Hey folks,
i have been looking for some time for a platform to keep scores of arcade games for a group of people that is competing on weekly competitions and also on permanent high score tables.

What i really wanted, but maybe i'll have to do it myself, is a scoreboard that has the information of the game, arcade poster and some screens and the scores.
Would be great if it had some social media integration like tweet a new score or post on facebook.

Have you found something that fullfils this purpose?
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Re: High Score Competition App/Site

Post by GeekMan1222 »

I dont know of any unified highscore database like that, but it sounds like a neat idea 8-)
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

It seems there is a void in the app market when it comes to this specific purpose.

It would be great to have a highscore app or site with social media integration where you could upload the photo or video of your score and it would automaticaly alert the players of the group that a new score has been submitted. Messages like "Your score has been beat by _____ , go get it back now!".

An ability to create groups through social media and publish events to those groups as in a "Shmup of the Month", "Weekly Brawler", or a "Puzzle Panic!".

The whole purpose would be to foment some competition across people that usualy are confined in more restricted groups (enthusiast forums, facebook groups, etc...) and have people play very popular games, and more obscure ones.

Some player profiles and stats... There's a ton of possibilities of what you could add to it.
Any developers with a lot of free time out there? :D
Stompp
Please Continue...
eBay: uridium
Initials: DAD

Post by Stompp »

Been pondering that same idea but it's always fallen on time and money (or lack thereof). Doing this right wouldn't be a small undertaking. Of course it could be achieved starting simple and working through new features when given time. But still, working full time with kids and cats craving your attention at home don't leave much spare time :problem:

Then again - I'd probably never ever qualify for any of the scoreboards :lol:
Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

:lol: that's probably true on both counts for me as well (no kids though), but even so!

Just get some statistic module on the app that separates the super highscore players into the superplayer category and get a "verified superplayer" Badge!
Well, i'm just dreamin'...
RHoots
Please Continue...
eBay: Hoots_r
Initials: RIK

Post by RHoots »

Sounds like a great idea. Any must have features?