Naomi Debug Bios

PCB problems and fixes
Ringtail
Please Continue...
Naomi Debug Bios

Post by Ringtail »

Anyone know where this can be found or if it actually exists in the wild?
footix
Please Continue...
Re: Naomi Debug Bios

Post by footix »

I never heard about that I must say, Andy could prolly tell but I reckon his answer will be no
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

Well it does exist thats for sure, it's just a case of finding out who knows what and where :)
anks
Please Continue...

Post by anks »

The debug bios is for the dimm board and the tsop would need lifting reprograming and resoldering. Im sure its really a hacked bios made by Mrsporty. Andygeezer would probably not help you obtain it. tmbinc allso says that maybe the dimm can be placed in debug mode with a zero pic key. At the moment im in the middel of trying to reverse the gdrom firmware to gain better understanding of how it works. Im having trouble has assembly isnt my strongest point but its been fun trying. Also experiments have been halted by the fact that I tryed to update my naomi bios to a gdrom compatable bios and the 27c160 wouldnt fully erase so Im trying to get hold of another.

Anks
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

Also experiments have been halted by the fact that I tryed to update my naomi bios to a gdrom compatable bios and the 27c160 wouldnt fully erase so Im trying to get hold of another.
Ahh that's never fun, well if all else fails hit it with a hammer. It may not fix the issue but it will make you feel better ;)

I would have expected the debug Bios to be on the Naomi Motherboard tho, the idea of it being part of the Dimm instead raises other issues I hadn't considered. :P
footix
Please Continue...

Post by footix »

I just told it above, there is no debug bios hehe