Super Turbo Training mode

PCB problems and fixes
Pythagoras

Re: Super Turbo Training mode

Post by Pythagoras »

djfrijoles wrote:Hey do the files work for USA boards with a battery in them too by chance?
Well... It's possible to use roms from any region on any board but in that case the roms need to be re-encrypted for that specific region. Because every region got it's own dedicated encryption key.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

But now that we can put the keys back, re-encrypting for different key is kind of moot, no?

Who in this hobby that cannot afford to spend 20 usd on an low end arduino board and a LCD shield to reprogram the keys? :awe:
Pythagoras

Post by Pythagoras »

There are several options for different requirements. Another option is to make a patch for the US version. Everything is possible. 8-)
djfrijoles
Please Continue...

Post by djfrijoles »

Would it be to much to ask for the files of the USA version with the battery still in? No one else will help.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Looks like Jed is back to working on ST. Adding in the ability to have up to 32 palettes per character is probably the biggest thing. Can't wait to see what he cooks up.
Pythagoras

Post by Pythagoras »

djfrijoles wrote:Would it be to much to ask for the files of the USA version with the battery still in? No one else will help.
No problem, I can make a patch for the US version too. When I make the US patch I can include JED's improved "random stages" routine. Unlike the previous version that uses the character select timer for pseudo randomising, it uses a real randomiser and it also prevents the same level to be randomised two times in a row.
djfrijoles
Please Continue...

Post by djfrijoles »

Thanks! Does the Asia one im using have that feature too?
Pythagoras

Post by Pythagoras »

djfrijoles wrote:Thanks! Does the Asia one im using have that feature too?
No, the trainer version you have include the first version. I can make a new updated rom for Asia with the new "random stage" routine included. Since I have written the script for the first patch before, it will become a quick and easy fix, just need to change a few lines of it...
djfrijoles
Please Continue...

Post by djfrijoles »

Hey thanks man I appreciate all your help. I wish for you 88 beautiful virgins, an ocean of of your favorite alcohol and everyday the virgins to take turns cooking your favorite meal for you!
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

djfrijoles wrote:Hey thanks man I appreciate all your help. I wish for you 88 beautiful virgins, an ocean of of your favorite alcohol and everyday the virgins to take turns cooking your favorite meal for you!
:lol:
Pythagoras

Post by Pythagoras »

djfrijoles wrote:Hey thanks man I appreciate all your help. I wish for you 88 beautiful virgins, an ocean of of your favorite alcohol and everyday the virgins to take turns cooking your favorite meal for you!
I'm done with the "entertainment" :P and got some time now to do some work as well...

The following encrypted patches are now ready:

Super Street Fighter II Turbo (Asia 940223) Trainer + Random Stage V2 + Free Play.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (USA 940323) Trainer + Random Stage V2 - Debug.

I made a "Free Play" patch to the Asian version. US versions have it by default. If you want to use it you change the settings in "test menu/System Configuration/Coin".

The US version had some debug mode turned on by default so I turned it off, so you don't have to see it on the title screen all the time.
I also included 2 files that you might need if you update from an older US version. If you already have the version my patch is made for, just forget about the files in that folder...
djfrijoles
Please Continue...

Post by djfrijoles »

woa! Are you a wizard? Thanks bro your the best!
Pythagoras

Post by Pythagoras »

Oh, I don't know about that, but I like to challenge the binaries... It's sometimes like playing Sudoku... :roll: