System 32 2p or 4p

PCB problems and fixes
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

System 32 2p or 4p

Post by zumbito »

Hi,

I have been offered a Golden Axe RoDA, I was looking for 3/4p boards but have one problem. I am under the impression that to play 4p with the System 32 the board needs an extra small board with the extra connectors. Is that right? Do all system 32 boards come with these board? Cause this one doesn't. Is that normal? If I buy the game how difficult would be to find one of these small boards? I have never seen one of these for sale.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Re: System 32 2p or 4p

Post by Asure »

Does the board you are being offered have original Sega labels on the chips, and many mask roms without any label?
Many people are converting these now, ever since i made a version that runs without the security board. A pic of the pcb would help.
You need the extra board for 4P fun. But i guess nobody is converting Spidermans or Arabian Fights.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

Yup, I think it is a conversion. The board has only 5 mask roms, all labeled, the rest I think are called EEPROMS (no window just plastic black). I didn't know these conversion where that common... Damn I wanted a 4p RoDA.
Asure

Post by Asure »

I picture would show us what we need to know.

There's a lot of plastic black mask roms (at least 10) on the original. It could just be missing its 4P board.

These conversions popping up is a side effect of the de-suicide roms that i made. Don't pay too much for these conversions!
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

Black mask roms are the same, just no 4p board and quite dirty. Can't it just be a conversion made with those black mask roms? I'm not sure what to do, I don't see 4p for sale in the foreseeable future.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

Mask roms are not programmable. If you have original maskroms, it's not a conversion. You have a legit board with de-suicide repair (decrypted/unprotected roms).
rodwod
Please Continue...
Initials: CCP

Post by rodwod »

zumbito
I don't see 4p for sale in the foreseeable future.
The game pcb is 2p 3p & 4p selectable in the test menu.You can't buy a dedicated 4p version.
The multi palyer i/o attached to the cornor of the motherboad is sold with the pcb as it was with spider-man and arabian fight.
But you don't need the multi player i/o pcb to run the game for 1/2 players.
Last edited by rodwod on June 7th, 2017, 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

leonardoliveira wrote:Mask roms are not programmable. If you have original maskroms, it's not a conversion. You have a legit board with de-suicide repair (decrypted/unprotected roms).
So in the picture Asure posted the pile of 8 horizontal roms and the two vertical on the left are mask roms? If it has those it is original?
Asure

Post by Asure »

Yes, if it has those, they are original roms.

The little board on the bottom right (on top of the rom board) holds a security module, this board is removed when the board is resurrected.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

It has them, but no 4p board. What a pitty! How much should I be paying for it? considering I want it for 4p gaming, and will be buying the missing board when I find it in ebay. I have no clue what can this 4p boards can go for.
Asure

Post by Asure »

It is used on a lot of sega boards.

D.D. Crew
Spiderman
Dark Edge
Arabian Fight

So you might get one of those to borrow the board from, or maybe have one of those to borrow it from. :)