CAVE CV1000 CR2450 batteries, unnecessary?

PCB problems and fixes
supergrafx77
Please Continue...
eBay: supergrafx77

CAVE CV1000 CR2450 batteries, unnecessary?

Post by supergrafx77 »

So, I read last night in the AO wiki forums in regards to Ibara, that the battery is for RTS only, so I popped out the one on GaludaII and am on my way to pop out Ibara's as well.
I have no idea what RTS means, but the wiki says if the battery is dead, you won't see "the time," on stage 6.
I never noticed. But here's the real question:
Is is ok for me to remove these batteries on all CV1000 games? Is there some sort of real drawback?
Only ones I have right now after selling Futari, is Galuda II and Ibara.
But I'd like to keep these batteries removed in case they would ever leak, if indeed, they are rather useless to begin with.
I was surprised that my game settings, on Espgaluda II.., saved without the battery.
Anyways, is it a good idea to keep these batteries off for good measure?
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Re: CAVE CV1000 CR2450 batteries, unnecessary?

Post by Asure »

If i'm not mistaken the RTC (real time clock / date etc.) is stored in the high score list as well as used for book keeping.
You can see the dates on the scores at least on Galuda 2. :)

But other than for bookkeeping reasons, it would appear to be rather useless.

As for Futari i don't know what else they could use the clock for, there's no visible in-game clock.
Perhaps some super-secret unlockables based on time that we still need to figure out?
supergrafx77
Please Continue...

Post by supergrafx77 »

If RTS is rather useless, and this is the only function on all CV1000 boards, I'm hoping someone can chime in and say to the masses, pop out those CR2450 batteries, immediately!
If in case, this is the case.
Boards are getting older. Coin cels, although seldom, may leak.
Seems silly to keep them in as most people do and not think about the ramifications of possible future leakage.
Perhaps, someday, we will see all CV1000 pcbs w/ their cel coins extracted in sales threads and playing in cabs/not for sale, state of being?
Seems as though every person/board, I've seen, the owner keeps the battery in place, which maybe NOT SO WISE A THING TO DO???? :think:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

supergrafx77 wrote:If RTS is rather useless, and this is the only function on all CV1000 boards, I'm hoping someone can chime in and say to the masses, pop out those CR2450 batteries, immediately!
If in case, this is the case.
Boards are getting older. Coin cels, although seldom, may leak.
Seems silly to keep them in as most people do and not think about the ramifications of possible future leakage.
Perhaps, someday, we will see all CV1000 pcbs w/ their cel coins extracted in sales threads and playing in cabs/not for sale, state of being?
Seems as though every person/board, I've seen, the owner keeps the battery in place, which maybe NOT SO WISE A THING TO DO???? :think:
system11 removed all the batteries from his CV1000 PCBs :)

I think he saw some furry leakage on one of them once.
supergrafx77
Please Continue...

Post by supergrafx77 »

Thanks Zak, if System 11 has done, so shall I.
Everyone should IMO, from this point on....