triforce type 3 problem

PCB problems and fixes
mile81
Please Continue...
Initials: Cic

triforce type 3 problem

Post by mile81 »

Hello

I recently bought a triforce type3 with the game virtual striker 4. The system boots the game up but after a few seconds (after loading the game) the triforce switches off and re-boot. Under de Media Board test I get the information "none" at dimm1. Could that be the problem and how can I repair it?

Thanks
Layer

Re: triforce type 3 problem

Post by Layer »

Check if there's no DiMM memory removed in your mobo.
mile81
Please Continue...

Post by mile81 »

Thanks Layer.ill have a Look tomorrow.did you have a similar problem with a triforce?

Cheers
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Post by outrun2 »

Might be normal that one of the dimm modules is not populated. If Triforce is like Chihiro the game will not commence the load sequence if there is not enough RAM for that game.

I've had lots of Chihiro boards with 1GB memory installed (both modules populated) but only 512MB is required for 99% of games.

Check how much memory the game needs and how much you have installed. Also check fans are running and voltages at the board.
Wanted:
Sega Model 3 Emergency Call Ambulance ROM board or complete Step 2 boardset.
mile81
Please Continue...

Post by mile81 »

The game Boots and you even can play for a while,but then the system reboots automatically.the problem is i cAnt open the triforce to check the dimm Memory because the screws are **** up.will have to buy a dremel.

It's the Board which came we the Original cabinet(virtua striker 4) i don't think theres Memory missing.
mile81
Please Continue...

Post by mile81 »

Hello

So i finally Managed to open the triforce Board. I replaced the ram (512mb) on the dimm (with the ram of the other 512mb netdimm i have) but i still have the Same problem. The game loads up i can Even play But after a while it reboots the Systems. Could it be that this game require more ram (1gig instead of 512mb?).or could the battery or the gd-rom itself be the problem?

Did someone Else have the Same problem with a triforce?

Regards
corn
eBay: corn0873

Post by corn »

I had exactly the same problem with a Triforce I purchased. I seem to remember that both Craig (Giz10p) and AndyGeezer told me it was toast :-( Not what I wanted to hear and not what you wanted to hear I'm sure. I too would be interested to know what causes this.
badsof
Please Continue...
eBay: badsof

Post by badsof »

Hi, I have the same problem! :cry:
I have changed Ram memory and I have updated the firmware with last version but I have always the problem.

Please help me...

Thanks