Time Crisis 2 gun recoil not working

PCB problems and fixes
mr2nut123

Time Crisis 2 gun recoil not working

Post by mr2nut123 »

I have just purchased a TC2 machine and the owner said he was sure it was the solenoids in the guns that had burnt out. He said he checked 'the' fuse for the recoil (24v) and said that the fuse was ok. So off I go to Namco and buy two spanking new solenoids and as I powered up the machine with childhood excitement of recoil.....nothing. I checked the service menu solenoid test AND in game, nothing. :cry:

Any suggestions guys? I was told that there are 3 fuses from someone at Namco, but then by another person that only two control the recoil. I have yet to inspect the fuses myself but I'm hoping it's just those glass fuses and not the power supply. Any advice on specific fuse ratings much appreciated!
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Time Crisis 2 gun recoil not working

Post by grantspain »

you would need to check the +24 volts with a multimeter,it runs from a bridge rectifier in the power supply area if I remember correctly
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

grantspain wrote:you would need to check the +24 volts with a multimeter,it runs from a bridge rectifier in the power supply area if I remember correctly
Perfect answer buddy, but a few days late! :D

The 25v cap had a small amount of charge as the gun recoiled once (weakly), after I had replaced the 2 gun solenoid fuses. Hmm, time to get the meter out..

No voltage on the bridge or the transformer, but the capacitor was holding small charge but diminishing fast with each trigger click. It was then, that I following the power input to the transformer and found that some nugget had stuck a 500mA in the 1amp Q/B slot for the transformer!! Once this was changed out, along with the other 2amp gun fuses, off she went!! My meter was holding steady at 24v on the cap and dropping only slightly with each gun fire.

Hope his helps others with this machine when Googling :D
sohc
Please Continue...

Post by sohc »

Hi,

I found this forum while Googling. This is my 1st post here. I just acquired a single TC 2 cabinet. Previously the screen was garbled but was fixed by reseating the board.

This TC2 is also my 1st arcade machine. Everything works ok except for the recoil. One of the fuse was blown when I got this. I have replaced the fuse but still won't fire.

I can't seem to find the 500ma fuse. I have checked and followed all the wires. Maybe this is a broken solenoid.

I took a picture of the back. I noticed that there are 2 wires that are not connected (black and yellow) is that ok? Also, when I check the gun wires, the green cable is not connected. There is.no.cable to connect to. It looks like a ground, so I put under one of the screws.

May I know where is that 25v cap in this picture? Appreciate any response.