sega sonic arcade the saga continues

PCB problems and fixes
rodwod
Please Continue...
Initials: CCP

Re: sega sonic arcade the saga continues

Post by rodwod »

I see .. :(
and all of the segasonic pcb's have suicide batteries i guess.

Its odd cos dingsbums from this forum saved his pcb be removing the battery and replacing the epr roms
or at least that's what i thought he did maybe i misunderstood :oops: .

so all working SSA pcb's have batteries (original or replaced) you can't use it correctly otherwise.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

If he has decrypted roms, then that is what he can do.

Problem is, they do not appear to be public, otherwise someone would have shared them with you already.
Did you send him a PM yet?
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Am I missing something here? rodwod has replaced the roms with the decrypted ones already (I know this because I programmed them) - his game still works, only the trackball does not.

Is this how these PCBs 'suicide'?
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

Which decrypted roms did you use? Prototype? Because they changed almost the whole game, so you are looking at replacing ALL roms except mpr-15782...
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Can't honestly remember, it was only two of 'em though, pretty sure I did the exact same for dingsbums too.
rodwod
Please Continue...

Post by rodwod »

His download does not work anymore and my pc is busted with his roms on it lol :lol:
Last edited by rodwod on May 9th, 2018, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

These System 32 games have the FD1149 battery and their symptoms are different when the battery dies:
Burning Rival
Dark Edge
Dragon Ball Z VRVS
J League
Sonic

In the case of Sonic, it runs normally until you put a credit in and try to play it. I'm not sure why Sega coded it that but they did.

The only reason to rewrite EPROMs is if you have a decrypted program set which gets rid of the need of the FD1149 data. In Sonic's case, 2 EPROMs need to be decrypted.
coolmod
eBay: hyperneogeo

Post by coolmod »

Bump! I would be interested in those de-suiciding roms too since mine came to me dead. I emailed Chris @ Sega Res, but he has yet to respond to me after a month.
JunoMan
Please Continue...

Post by JunoMan »

coolmod wrote:Bump! I would be interested in those de-suiciding roms too since mine came to me dead. I emailed Chris @ Sega Res, but he has yet to respond to me after a month.
Sorry for the lack of reply. Real life has meant my arcade hobby stuff has been on the back burner for far too long.

I've been reluctant to release a desuicide kit for Sonic, as I don't have an original Sonic pcb to test it on.

Having said that, I just pulled a Super Visual Soccer pcb out of my collection that would do as a donor pcb. Unfortunately I don't have a trackball interface or indeed a suitable trackball to connect to it. (not to mention locating a pile of 27c322's)

I vaguely remember emailing someone a copy of the desuicide roms to test, obviously these must be the ones mentioned.

Since 27c210's are hard to find, it seems 27c1024's are identical, (stupid naming), so I may as well make up kits and stick them on my site.

Are there any other System32 games that people would like desuicide kits making for?

@coolmod I'll reply to your email in a bit ;)

Chris aka Junoman aka SegaResurrection.com
coolmod

Post by coolmod »

Got your email Chris, thanks!
rodwod
Please Continue...

Post by rodwod »

JunoMan wrote:
coolmod wrote: Are there any other System32 games that people would like desuicide kits making for?
Golden axe revenge of Death Adder may need one.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

rodwod wrote:
JunoMan wrote:
coolmod wrote: Are there any other System32 games that people would like desuicide kits making for?
No its only later games like dark edge.

First games have little or no security iirc .
Say hello to my little friend...
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

JunoMan wrote:
coolmod wrote:Bump! I would be interested in those de-suiciding roms too since mine came to me dead. I emailed Chris @ Sega Res, but he has yet to respond to me after a month.
Sorry for the lack of reply. Real life has meant my arcade hobby stuff has been on the back burner for far too long.

I've been reluctant to release a desuicide kit for Sonic, as I don't have an original Sonic pcb to test it on.

Having said that, I just pulled a Super Visual Soccer pcb out of my collection that would do as a donor pcb. Unfortunately I don't have a trackball interface or indeed a suitable trackball to connect to it. (not to mention locating a pile of 27c322's)

I vaguely remember emailing someone a copy of the desuicide roms to test, obviously these must be the ones mentioned.

Since 27c210's are hard to find, it seems 27c1024's are identical, (stupid naming), so I may as well make up kits and stick them on my site.

Are there any other System32 games that people would like desuicide kits making for?

@coolmod I'll reply to your email in a bit ;)

Chris aka Junoman aka SegaResurrection.com
Chris you should consider releasing the system24 decrypted disk images or passing it on to someone else.

As writing back the sys24 discs with simple track layout is simple enough or most people use SD cards now, be it the Japan add on board or HxC floppy emulator.
Say hello to my little friend...
JunoMan
Please Continue...

Post by JunoMan »

rodwod wrote:
JunoMan wrote:
Golden Axe has a different type of dongle which has a nec security CPU pretty much identical to the IREM M92 games.

I doesn't need a battery to hold the security table/code like the later FD1149.

Removing the protection would just make it easier to do conversions.

Chris
rodwod
Please Continue...

Post by rodwod »

Thats Good to know :awe:

thanks
rodwod
Please Continue...

Post by rodwod »

It was the trackball all this time :oops: i now have a new trackball and it works 100% in the test menu and in the game :D
sploit

Post by sploit »

Hi,

So can anyone here provide the de-crypted ROMs for the SegaSonic board?

I would like to purchase two sets of the De-Crypted chips from anyone who can provide them...

One for my board and one for a friend's board.

Thanks,
Sploit
iGREKKESS
Please Continue...

Post by iGREKKESS »

Hello guys !
Shou wrote:These System 32 games have the FD1149 battery and their symptoms are different when the battery dies:
Burning Rival
Dark Edge
Dragon Ball Z VRVS
J League
Sonic
+F1 Super Lap
sploit wrote:Hi,

So can anyone here provide the de-crypted ROMs for the SegaSonic board?

I would like to purchase two sets of the De-Crypted chips from anyone who can provide them...

One for my board and one for a friend's board.

Thanks,
Sploit
Since I've seen recently two phoenix editions of that game for sale on eBay and on Yahoo, I've been looking for informations/decrypted roms, and it seems to be actually very confidential !... There's nothing on internet, I don't understand why... :wtf:
coolmod

Post by coolmod »

That's because people don't want others to make conversions only to sell them for $900 to unsuspecting people (like the one with black tape all over the eproms that sold recently on ebay). Every-time someone asks me for the desuicide roms, I ask them for proof that they own the real PCB. I know it's not full proof...but at least it's something. The yahoo one there is a conversion/bootleg.
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

Another problem related to freely releasing decrypted ROMs is that undesirable but rare games could be killed for making a reproduction of a desirable or fun game.

It might raise eyebrows that someone like me is actually talking about this, but hardware like the CPS2 is very common and there isn't really many "rare games" in the CPS2 hardware.
It was super popular and common. What we would need to worry about is preserving revisions and regional variations of the software. Then, unfortunately CAPCOM itself would change the games, deleting/destroying early releases of the games.

I never heard of SEGA offering any kind of game exchange service (similar to what CAPCOM did with their CPS2 system) for their hardware, ever.