Fighting Mania RTC Error

PCB problems and fixes
MrJim
Please Continue...
Initials: GAZ

Fighting Mania RTC Error

Post by MrJim »

Hey everyone.

My Fighting Mania machine has been displaying an RTC error for a while now. I've read through several threads here to get an idea of how it can be fixed.

Is it right that once the chip/battery in the chip has been replaced the chip needs to be re-flashed with code specific to this game?

I would really like to restore this machine and would like to know exactly what it would take!

Thanks!
Mr-Megalo
Please Continue...

Re: Fighting Mania RTC Error

Post by Mr-Megalo »

That is correct, craig@giz10p did mine, i've also got a fighting mania machine and had the same issue till the time keeper chip was replaced.and reprogrammed.
MrJim
Please Continue...
Initials: GAZ

Post by MrJim »

Perfect! Thanks for the advice, just what I needed!

I don't suppose you have the Fighting Mania manual, or know where I can get it do you?
Sunbird

Post by Sunbird »

Hi guys sorry to jump on ur thread I have a problem with my fight mania machine. After it does its checks it try's to initialise the pads which it say pad initialise error. When I go onto the test option and click I/o check all 6 pads say 255 error , please can someone give me a solution.

Thanks
vangdfang
Please Continue...
Initials: DJK

Post by vangdfang »

Not to bump this too much, but Konami System 573 (such as Fighting Mania / Punch Mania) do have issues when the RTC dies... some are more violent about it than others, though. For example, I've seen a Dance Freaks cabinet absolutely refuse to boot because the RTC had died (and the issue would persist after a new RTC was installed -- the Dance Maniax series checks for and will halt boot if there's an RTC error). On the other hand, Dance Dance Revolution (or at least the bootlegs which exist all over US arcades -- it's a rare occasion when you come across a truly legit kit) will happily run with a completely dead RTC -- you'll just get default settings every boot. And, after you have a brand new RTC installed, you're back in business.

For those curious, the part number is M48T58Y-70PC1. Can easily be found via Mouser and Digikey, at least. If you're doing the repair, be nice and put a 28 pin DIP socket in as well. Of course, you always hope you'll never need to replace it again, but in the event you do, you'll be much happier the second time.

(P.S. Some other Konami games have similar suicide modes when the RTC contents are corrupted. Firebeat will refuse to boot and require the operator enter some sort of a challenge/response code. Nothing's lost, technically... but the game won't boot, either.)
golani

Post by golani »

rtc error displays after the battery is died.
replace it and it will work fine.
you need instrucion to do it yourself?
cheers
sorgsorg
Please Continue...

Post by sorgsorg »

Hello, is there someone here who got some part to sell?
leonardoliveira
Please Continue...
Initials: leo

Post by leonardoliveira »

Python1 boards (PS2 based, used on a couple of Pop'n Music games, dogstation, mocap golf and a winning eleven soccer game) also have suicidal tendencies (do not disassemble it, do not attempt to replace the battery).

Reviving it requires extremely obscure and dedicated tools. :lol:
menefist
Please Continue...

Post by menefist »

I know these are old posts but I'd like to know from anyone if he is interested in selling Punch Mania / Fighting Mania.

Thank you!