AWSD help..connecitng Naomi

PCB problems and fixes
suicidalmonkey

AWSD help..connecitng Naomi

Post by suicidalmonkey »

Could use a little help connecting a Naomi up to my AWSD.

From what I can tell, the only way I can power a GD-Rom is if I have one of those power splitter cables (or make one myself). There is a 6 pin power adapter, but I'm assuming that's for the I/O board (I haven't powered anything on yet mind you). Currently I have 2 Sega JVS I/O boards, and one Sega Jamma I/O board. At first I thought I would definitely have to use the Jamma I/O board until I opened the cabinet and found this:

ImageImage

Could someone tell me what this board is? Looking at the AWSD manual, I'm guessing it's some form of jamma i/o, but it has almost no components on it. It has the same 26 pin connector as a Naomi I/O board so I'm wondering if it's just a passthrough for the buttons or something.

Any help is appreciated.
Mayhem
eBay: Mayhem_SWE

Re: AWSD help..connecitng Naomi

Post by Mayhem »

suicidalmonkey wrote:Could someone tell me what this board is?
It is an Atomiswave slave link board, has to be connected to a master in another cabinet to be of any use. It is of no use to your Naomi installation.
Once I start I cannot stop myself
cgbartek
Please Continue...

Post by cgbartek »

You're the guy who got the other AWSD in the group order right? I can't wait to get mine.

I've never hooked a GD-ROM up, but if it's 3.3v you're looking for, according to the manual the PSU has a place for that. You might need to tap the 3.3v to get your Sega IO board to work, I don't know if it'll convert the 5v automatically or not. I dunno if that answers your question or not.
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

cgbartek wrote:You're the guy who got the other AWSD in the group order right? I can't wait to get mine.

I've never hooked a GD-ROM up, but if it's 3.3v you're looking for, according to the manual the PSU has a place for that. You might need to tap the 3.3v to get your Sega IO board to work, I don't know if it'll convert the 5v automatically or not. I dunno if that answers your question or not.
Any reason you've ignored my PMs? Did I do something to **** you off?
15khz upscaled is cheating
cgbartek
Please Continue...

Post by cgbartek »

Dude, I'm sorry. I'm bad about reading PMs here since the messages aren't CCed to my email.
You've got PM.
suicidalmonkey

Post by suicidalmonkey »

Way to hijack a thread thc hardcore... :awe:

Yes, I'm the other guy who got an awsd in the group order. Everything was still wrapped in plastic so I have no idea what's different about your cab compared to mine besides a blue joystick balltop and slightly different marks and scratches. I just got the one that was easier to get to at the time...who knows, yours might be better somehow.

The cabinet does have the correct power connectors for jvs. I might have been mistaken and the 6pin connector I was referencing before isn't for the i/o, but for the gdrom. I'll have to hook a voltmeter to it to be sure.

After reading some stuff over at sega-naomi.com I should be okay minus sound. I have 2 official sega amplifiers, but I'm not so sure that's the best option for this cabinet.