Type x2

PCB problems and fixes
porkpye

Re: Type x2

Post by porkpye »

I am wondering if I am connecting my typex2 to the vewlix right. I currently have it connected with the vga cable which comes with the vewlix then to the typex2 to the top dvi input using the dvi adapter. I have just read this on a forum and wonder if it is true:

'new revisions of the TaitoX2 dont allow 720p via HD-15 VGA anymore. If youre looking to do VGA output only, 480p, then yes the standard dvi-vga is included. but if you have an HD setup, its DVI only.'

So I wonder if this is the problem with the resolution on kofmira and whether I could connect straight dvi to dvi to enable 720p
The Enigmatic Form
Please Continue...

Post by The Enigmatic Form »

I can´t say if it works, but even if it does, it isn´t of any use with KoF MIRA, because it runs only at 640x480 anyway.

Personally, I doubt what is said in the paragraph you quoted, because it won´t make any sense.

You´re definitely connecting it the right way, because ex factory only a VGA cable is installed in the Vewlix and the DVI adaptor comes with the Type X systems, and it is the only way of connecting mentioned in the manuals.

Haven´t tried it with my Type X2 yet, but the Type X doesn´t boot when it is directly connected via DVI.
porkpye

Post by porkpye »

The Enigmatic Form wrote:I can´t say if it works, but even if it does, it isn´t of any use with KoF MIRA, because it runs only at 640x480 anyway.

Personally, I doubt what is said in the paragraph you quoted, because it won´t make any sense.

You´re definitely connecting it the right way, because ex factory only a VGA cable is installed in the Vewlix and the DVI adaptor comes with the Type X systems, and it is the only way of connecting mentioned in the manuals.

Haven´t tried it with my Type X2 yet, but the Type X doesn´t boot when it is directly connected via DVI.
Is it definetly true then that the kofmira is only 640x480. I assumed all the games were 720p. Do you know what the 5 dipswitches do on the typex2 motherboard?
The Enigmatic Form
Please Continue...

Dip 2 changes the resolution for games which suppport 1280x720, which is also mentioned on the label of the game then.

I don´t know what the other dips do, though. They aren´t mentioned anywhere, and I was afraid to mess around with them but I would really like to know, as there must be a reason because 1 and 5 are on and 3 and 4 are off by default. It´s probably just for things like enabling network.
Ringtail
Please Continue...

Post by Ringtail »

The Enigmatic Form wrote:Which game do you have at the moment? :)
Got 2 copies of KOFMIA somehow and a Battle Fantasia :)

SF4 is the main aim but just interested in taking this beast apart and seeing what makes it tick right now :)
People have the right to be stupid, but some abuse that privilege.
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Post by mufunyo »

Ringtail wrote:SF4 is the main aim but just interested in taking this beast apart and seeing what makes it tick right now :)
Is it me or is everyone with a TX/TX+/TX2 just interested in that? :awe:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I think a lot of people with X2’s are thinking of a free alternative :awe:
The Enigmatic Form
Please Continue...

mufunyo wrote:
Ringtail wrote:SF4 is the main aim but just interested in taking this beast apart and seeing what makes it tick right now :)
Is it me or is everyone with a TX/TX+/TX2 just interested in that? :awe:
I´m not, since I don´t know anything about software and hardware. :awe:
I´m a bit proud how well I cleaned my Type X, though, I even installed new fans for the CPU and the housing. :ugeek:
_xizor
Please Continue...

Post by _xizor »

It does not autoswitch to 220v
The Enigmatic Form
Please Continue...

There must be different revisions then. :?

Ringtail´s X2 obviously still lives, so that´s the best proof. :awe:
My X2 also has a label "115 - 230 V", and I can´t find a switch, so I´m quite sure that it auto-switches.

X1 is another story, all I´ve seen so far must be switched manually.
_xizor
Please Continue...

Post by _xizor »

There are three different models. I only have the low end and mid end units.... perhaps a high end unit?

I'll put some pictures up once I am back from the IAAPA show...