Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ - System 573 RTC Error

PCB problems and fixes
goatboy
eBay: henknieborg

Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ - System 573 RTC Error

Post by goatboy »

Anyone got some info on this system from Konami? What do i need to run this game? Got the panel already. Thanks, Henk.
Last edited by goatboy on March 22nd, 2011, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dieKatze88

Re: Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ, System 573

Post by dieKatze88 »

You need a 573, security cart, and the disc.

(duh)

Although something you need to know: at least with the bemani games, the System 573 and the Security cart become Best Friends Forever, and the cartridge will refuse to work on another System 573 that it isn't BFFs with, and it can of course only be BFFs with one 573, and only the first 573.
I stream myself playing Otomedius when I get bored
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/otomedius" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
goatboy

Post by goatboy »

Thanks for the info! :thumbup: Just want those Bishibashi games with my panel cause they're cheap as hell and probably lots of fun. There's almost no info on this system to find online. No interested in the Bemani stuff here. ;)
Chi
Fire Extinguisher
Initials: CHI

Post by Chi »

goatboy wrote:probably lots of fun.
Oh yes, no probably here - they are great fun!

I can't confirm, but I don't think the regular System 573 games are tied to the unit they are installed on - that's a peculiarity of the Bemani System 573 Digital games (the analogue setups don't exhibit this behaviour, IIRC).
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004
penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos »

HBBC - I had one and sold it to Retro_boy_G, if I remember correctly the CP has a ribbon cable that plugs into the cart that controls the lights etc and it runs on the analogue version of the 573 m/b.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).
goatboy

Re: Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ - System 573 RTC Error

Post by goatboy »

Bumping this topic.

My Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ board comes up with an error message (rtc rom error) when running through the initial startup tests. After this it just initializes and starts the game. It just doesn't memorize the dip settings so you have to alter this every time i turn on my cab. The game works fine tho. Not a big deal but can this be fixed easily?

Thanks!
Chi
Fire Extinguisher

Post by Chi »

Yes, the battery in the RTC chip has died, it's a common 573 problem as these boards get older (some of these are 13 years old now). It's a surface mount chip, and tricky to replace unless you have the tools and experience - it's also not that easy to source replacements (they tend to come from China, wholesale).

You can swap the entire GX700 main board with another working one though (the game will need re-flashing, so you'll only be able to do this if you have a CD-Rom based version, not the No CD one).
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004
goatboy

Post by goatboy »

Thanks for your reply! Sounds like i'm better off leaving it the way it is since the game is still working. Is there a chance the whole game dies? I've got the analog cd based version.
Chi
Fire Extinguisher

Post by Chi »

No, the RTC only stores config data - the only thing that will kill the game is if the Flash ROMs die (they can be replaced as well, but are even worse than the RTC, since they are harder to source the chips). It's safe to run it as it is (just a bit inconvenient).

Since you've got the CD version, you can always re-flash the game if a Flash chip dies (if the security cassette ever dies, you'll need to flash a bootleg version of the game though with the security checks patched out, but one does exist).

Also, all the System 573 main boards (the GX700) are the same throughout the games, so you can swap the board with one from a DDR or Fisherman's Bait if you come across one cheap - the game will need to be re-flashed onto it, though.
goatboy

Post by goatboy »

Got another question. Since this game is JAMMA and JVS. Does it support 31K when hooked up in a Naomi? If yes, How do i switch resolution on the board?
Chi
Fire Extinguisher

Post by Chi »

goatboy wrote:Got another question. Since this game is JAMMA and JVS. Does it support 31K when hooked up in a Naomi? If yes, How do i switch resolution on the board?
No, System 573 is 15kHz only.
goatboy

Post by goatboy »

Chi wrote:
goatboy wrote:Got another question. Since this game is JAMMA and JVS. Does it support 31K when hooked up in a Naomi? If yes, How do i switch resolution on the board?
No, System 573 is 15kHz only.

Too bad! Would have been a nice extra feature. Thanks again! :thumbup:
Chi
Fire Extinguisher

Post by Chi »

You're welcome.

It would have been a great feature, even 24kHz (as some Konami hardware from around the same time had) would have been awesome.
blomman
eBay: hblomman
Initials: BLM

Post by blomman »

Anybody running System 573 Bishi Bashi with panel and the lights in the buttons working?

I have the Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ Jamma board and the panel to go with Sega style 15kHz cabinets.

How do I connect the cable for the button lamps to my system 573?
Special I/O board?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

The harness for the lights plugs into the security cart.