Final Fight pcb problem

PCB problems and fixes
ruderudie
Please Continue...
Final Fight pcb problem

Post by ruderudie »

Today i received my final fight pcb in the mail. The board is very clean, well preserved. Anyway, when i hook it up and start playing, the screen seemes somehow divided in four parts:

Does anybody know what's wrong? The intro is screen is just fine by the way, at the stage that the intro comes to the in-game play, the screen gets messed up.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Final Fight pcb problem

Post by grantspain »

could be a bad socket connection,bent shorting ic leg or an actual ic failure

jamma plus forums would probably help a bit more as they are real eggheads over there 8-)
ruderudie
Please Continue...

Post by ruderudie »

Yes i've tried lots of things, diconnected all 3 boards and put them back together as tight as possible, adjusted the voltage, checked the eproms and made sure they are well connected in the sockets.... I really don't know what else i can do now? Any help is appreciated, else i will have to send it back to the seller...and i want it!
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

ruderudie wrote:Yes i've tried lots of things, diconnected all 3 boards and put them back together as tight as possible, adjusted the voltage, checked the eproms and made sure they are well connected in the sockets.... I really don't know what else i can do now? Any help is appreciated, else i will have to send it back to the seller...and i want it!
I have gone trough everthing that you can do yourself as you have said yourself ,To be honest without actully going trough the pcb myself and after we have done the normal fixs and it did not help all the left is to look for a broken track ,or burn a graffics chip .So i suggest sending it back and get another one ,They seem to come up here often around 50 quid far cheaper than paying for postage both ways and my time and spares if needed.Sorry for the bad news
ruderudie
Please Continue...

Post by ruderudie »

yeah Poolchamp thanks for the support by pm's, i've followed all your suggestions but unfortunately i'll have to send it back to the seller next monday if it stays this way. Lucky me that i did buy from an ebay seller who guarantuees a working pcb, most of those guys never take a pcb back. Maybe he can fix it, else i'll have to buy another.
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

ruderudie wrote:yeah Poolchamp thanks for the support by pm's, i've followed all your suggestions but unfortunately i'll have to send it back to the seller next monday if it stays this way. Lucky me that i did buy from an ebay seller who guarantuees a working pcb, most of those guys never take a pcb back. Maybe he can fix it, else i'll have to buy another.
;) Better luck next time mt8 :mrgreen:
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

ruderudie wrote:yeah Poolchamp thanks for the support by pm's, i've followed all your suggestions but unfortunately i'll have to send it back to the seller next monday if it stays this way. Lucky me that i did buy from an ebay seller who guarantuees a working pcb, most of those guys never take a pcb back. Maybe he can fix it, else i'll have to buy another.
If he stands by his working PCBs it sounds like he is running a busnises you could ask him to keep you informed of the next FF pcb which pops up. I doubt you will be waiting long. There not rare just popular :D
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
ruderudie
Please Continue...

Post by ruderudie »

Yes i'll return the board tomorrow, and i hope that he has another ff board or can fix it. I do have to say that this board is very very clean and really looks like new. It seems that it has always stayed in a box, so i hope other boards that pop up is in the same state. errr, except that it's working properly off course but the seller is a great guy and will help me all the way i'm sure.
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

ruderudie wrote:Yes i'll return the board tomorrow, and i hope that he has another ff board or can fix it. I do have to say that this board is very very clean and really looks like new. It seems that it has always stayed in a box, so i hope other boards that pop up is in the same state. errr, except that it's working properly off course but the seller is a great guy and will help me all the way i'm sure.
;)
luke2fr
Please Continue...
Initials: LUK

Post by luke2fr »

Sorry to interfere, but i have a question regarding this game.
A friend told me he has the game boards, but no cps1 mother board to play it. He asked me to help him get one. Is getting a SF2 (complete game) a good idea in order to swap the games ?

Could this also help ruderudie to fix this game or at least help diagnose it, if rudie can meet someone who has one ?
capcomguru
Please Continue...

Post by capcomguru »

luke2fr wrote:Sorry to interfere, but i have a question regarding this game.
A friend told me he has the game boards, but no cps1 mother board to play it. He asked me to help him get one. Is getting a SF2 (complete game) a good idea in order to swap the games ?

Could this also help ruderudie to fix this game or at least help diagnose it, if rudie can meet someone who has one ?
Yes, CPS1 games are interchangable with the motherboard like CPS2 games.

In my experience, 95% of the time if you have graphics or sound problems, the motherboard is at fault, not the rom board. If the rom board is bad (and the C board is just about the only part that goes bad), the game will simply not boot.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

agreed i had a faulty cpu board on a mercs and swapped it for the cpu on a carrier air wing,strangely enough it was the same problem-some of the foreground characters split,must be a reasonably common fault