SF IV Hard drive problems ; _ ;

PCB problems and fixes
capcomguru
Please Continue...

Re: SF IV Hard drive problems ; _ ;

Post by capcomguru »

mufunyo wrote:I solved the problem myself by bypassing the loader, which means it's impossible now to ever get an error 900 again. An interesting byproduct is that it doesn't need the dongle anymore. Also, I have confirmed now that the hard drive is 100% healthy (which is pretty amazing for a western digital drive from 2005), and it was the game or the hardware that somehow caused the error 900. I haven't had any problems since.
How did you go about bypassing the security key? That sounds really cool!
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

My thoughts exactly! I google’d it a little & it seems that it is possible, but there’s not a lot of info :( I’d love to run a few X2 games on the same HDD, all originals of course……
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Post by mufunyo »

capcomguru wrote:How did you go about bypassing the security key? That sounds really cool!
I don't think I should be providing this information in public, before you know it ebay is full of Type-X bootlegs. I don't want that on my conscience.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Correct answer, have a wowwypop
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

mufunyo wrote:
capcomguru wrote:How did you go about bypassing the security key? That sounds really cool!
I don't think I should be providing this information in public, before you know it ebay is full of Type-X bootlegs. I don't want that on my conscience.

I genuinely think that Capcom / Taito would take legal action if they caught someone decrypting / bootleging Type X2 or SF4!

It still doesn’t stop me from wanting to know how to do it…………….

I also don’t want to seem condescending, but if you’ve cracked it, doesn’t that mean someone who wants to profit from it has too? What’s to stop a re-seller selling on a legit looking HDD & dongle, or like CPS2 a re-programmed one?

I think that’s the biggest problem with making something prohibitively expensive (I’m looking at you SF4) people will try bootleg & profit from it.
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Post by DandySephy »

it doesn't need to be expensive, just popular
capcomguru
Please Continue...

Post by capcomguru »

mufunyo wrote:
Yeah, fair enough. Maybe once the X2 is dead and no longer having games mad it will be more appropriate to inquire.

I don't even have an X2 nor will I probably ever be able to afford one. I'm just curious on the subject LOL.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

mufunyo wrote:
trust me this will all be in the public domain next year, SF4 is too big a release..

Stupid policy from day 1, they should have released a 2 player version from the off, this was just waving a red rag to a bull!
Say hello to my little friend...
gargamel
Please Continue...

Post by gargamel »

I can believe these thing:

-F*cking Chinese bootleg does exist, because Taito Type-X runs Windows XP Embedded it is only a shrinked windows without useless component) and the Embedded studio Image creator tool is avaible on bit-torrent..Also the system is Hard-disk based/PC, not good idea to prevent piracy..

But regarding the Virus/"Enlarge your penis" Spam issues, it is more difficult to attack Taito Type X Windows Embedded OS than normal Windows

Windows XP Embedded studio has a very interresting feature that you can add to your OS image when you build it:
EWF component (Enhanced Write Filter), in other word, you can make the Operating system Write protected, all disk write are deported into ram and when the OS reboot, it recover to its initial state. Registry is protecteded the same way.so even virus make modification to registry/system files, those are not affected anymore at the next boot.

Now devellopers may have not installed the EWF option on the OS image, so the OS may be vulnerable to virus...but how?Online gaming??
it is maybe related to disk its self, not the datas...
If you have a genuine SF4, you got he XP Embedded license Seal sticked somewhere on the system.
=Capcom Mini Cute and Killer Instinct severe addiction=
cantido
Please Continue...

Post by cantido »

gargamel wrote: B
gargamel wrote:I can believe these thing:
But regarding the Virus/"Enlarge your penis" Spam issues, it is more difficult to attack Taito Type X Windows Embedded OS than normal Windows
So not very hard then?
Windows XP Embedded studio has a very interresting feature that you can add to your OS image when you build it:
EWF component (Enhanced Write Filter), in other word, you can make the Operating system Write protected, all disk write are deported into ram and when the OS reboot, it recover to its initial state. Registry is protecteded the same way.so even virus make modification to registry/system files, those are not affected anymore at the next boot.
That may be so... but I doubt the drive is protected on the hardware level. If the disk is ATA they could just chomp the /IOW to stop writes being able to happen. It doesn't take all that much to get to the base hardware and do what you like with it from Windows.
Now devellopers may have not installed the EWF option on the OS image, so the OS may be vulnerable to virus...but how?Online gaming??it is maybe related to disk its self, not the datas...
Or someone has written a virus that can bypass EWF? ...... Or just maybe the virus detection is a false positive and this disk actually about to fail.... hmmmm
Chi
Fire Extinguisher
Initials: CHI

Post by Chi »

TBH, all PC-based games hardware running Windows XP embedded is to crackers like a red rag is to a bull.

Konami's BemaniPC (which runs the latest Beatmania IIDX, Guitar Freaks/Drummania and soon to be Dance Dance Revolution X) gets cracked for use with a "normal" PC within a month or two of release...
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004
cantido
Please Continue...

Post by cantido »

Chi wrote: a "normal" PC within a month or two of release...
They could have just done an Apple and stuck a TPM module on the boards.... probably too lazy to get boards made to measure.