Taito Type X+

PCB problems and fixes
mfny
Please Continue...

Taito Type X+

Post by mfny »

I have a Type X+ on the way in addition to a Capcom IO board and a Supergun, and am wondering just how I hook all this up ?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Taito Type X+

Post by nem »

Should be easy enough.

Controls and sound (if you want) go through the IO. For controls it's a regular USB A to B cable (printer cable). The audio comes out from a regular headphone jack on the X+ so you need a 3.5mm to RCA cable.

Video is output from the VGA connector to your monitor.

For power the X+ has a regular PC PSU that you just need to connect a power lead to. Its a switchable 100V/230V unit.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

Edited
Last edited by zumbito on June 18th, 2017, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Post by dj_johnnyg »

CAPCOM I/O gets its power from the JAMMA connector on the Supergun
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

Ooops, my mistake.
mfny
Please Continue...

Post by mfny »

So I got my Taito Type X+.

I am reading that for some games the CMOS battery being dead renders that game unplayable even when the CMOS is replaced namely games that do not use a USB Key I believe ?

I have King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match on the way which does use a key and am interested in picking up a Raiden 3 and/or 4 which I don't know if they use a key or not ? I assume these games will work fine ?

At the moment I have an unknown game installed that boots and gives the 901 error, and I have replaced the CMOS.

Also how do I get into the bios on this ?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

mfny wrote:I am reading that for some games the CMOS battery being dead renders that game unplayable even when the CMOS is replaced namely games that do not use a USB Key I believe ?
That's correct.
I have King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match on the way which does use a key and am interested in picking up a Raiden 3 and/or 4 which I don't know if they use a key or not ? I assume these games will work fine ?
Raidens come with dongles, so they'll work fine.
At the moment I have an unknown game installed that boots and gives the 901 error, and I have replaced the CMOS.
The decryption keys on the motherboard are lost when the battery dies, so that's why it gives the error.
Also how do I get into the bios on this ?
It's probably tamper proof, ie. there isn't a way (short of updating a new BIOS on it).
mfny
Please Continue...

Post by mfny »

Well that does seem like a stupid way to set things up, having some games just unplayable after a time.

Is there a list some place of which games have dongles and which look for the decryption in bios ?
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Battle Gear 4 / Tuned and Chase HQ 2 that I know of. There aren't that many.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

mfny wrote:Well that does seem like a stupid way to set things up, having some games just unplayable after a time.

Is there a list some place of which games have dongles and which look for the decryption in bios ?
You have to realize that the last thing on Taito's mind is the aftermarket sales of their hardware. They just want to sell the game at that time, let it go for a while until it's made it's money, and pump the next thing out for the OPs to purchase.

Senor Nippon is one of the other games that has the custom BIOS.

Also, keep in mind if you take the hard drive and put it in another system that does not have that BIOS it will not boot.
mfny
Please Continue...

Post by mfny »

So I received King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match today .. hooked it up and get this error on boot. Anyone able to help ?

http://imgur.com/kpNUQUX

EDIT:

I think this error is the same as the one in this post - http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... pe+x+error

With this in mind could I get any video card listed as compatible with the TTX ? or does it have to have a special BIOS or something ?
mfny
Please Continue...

Post by mfny »

So I fixed the error by buying a 7600 SE to use instead of the 9600 XT. Now I have a new problem...

Only 2 buttons + Start + Directions are working on my controller.

My set up is a bit unusual. I have this Supergun: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152257119363 and this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152219794435 Megadrive to NEO GEO adapter hooked up to a Capcom IO which is then hooked up to the TTX+.

Anyone know how I can get this working ?
orio1
eBay: e.bay
Initials: OEO

Post by orio1 »

mfny wrote:some games just unplayable after a time.

You have never heard of cps2 games suiciding ?