eX-Board from EXAMU ala NeoGeo AES?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

eX-Board from EXAMU ala NeoGeo AES?

Post by John James Pacinelli »

http://insomnia.ac/archive/hardware/ex-board/exbo.gif

From AH:

"The eX-Board from EXAMU is on such platform and is gaining great momentum with the studios, the system launching ‘Arcana Heart 2’ that has started a major buzz in the player scene. The game has started to attract a major following, and the availability on the eX-Board has increased that momentum.

One aspect of the eX-Board that surprised many at the AM-Show was the announcement of a home version – literally selling the box directly into the home market. Emulating the good old days of the SNK Neo-Geo, the actual arcade hardware is able to be plugged into a VGA screen and USB controller for home gaming action."
Vagina
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Re: eX-Board from EXAMU ala NeoGeo AES?

Post by John James Pacinelli »

Vagina
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

Yes it does sound interesting, it certainly appears as though the designers of the system are aware of the arcade/home "scene" and are trying to tap into it.

I've heard a load of negative rumours about the system however, I don’t know if they are justified or not, but by this time I expect the developers may have sorted out any teething problems.

Another thing that puzzles me is that this system has been out / around now for at least 6 months or so, and apart from Arcana Heart 2, magazines such as Arcadia have not really gone into much detail or shown any real support for the system. Finally I am personally not aware of any company that sells the board / games etc.

Does anyone here know a price for this with a game?
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Post by mufunyo »