Painted candys, any out there?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
trev1976

Re: Painted candys, any out there?

Post by trev1976 »

I'm restoring an Astro atm. When it's fully stripped and I've got the cash I'm going to take it to an auto body shop and get the whole outside of the cab painted in appliance gloss white.

I personally think it it will look awesome.
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

trev1976 wrote:I'm restoring an Astro atm. When it's fully stripped and I've got the cash I'm going to take it to an auto body shop and get the whole outside of the cab painted in appliance gloss white.

Were you going to strip the current paint off of it first before getting the new job done? If so, what were you thinking, just using sand paper to remove it? Have you considered getting it powdered?
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD »

trev1976 wrote:I'm restoring an Astro atm. When it's fully stripped and I've got the cash I'm going to take it to an auto body shop and get the whole outside of the cab painted in appliance gloss white.

Why would you paint it a different white than the original RAL 9002 ?
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

That is a good question , whenever ive seen people paint them they always mention appliance gloss white.

That paint code is good to know ,I will be painting it RAL 9002 then :lol:

YouTube
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Hellfromabove wrote:

Were you going to strip the current paint off of it first before getting the new job done? If so, what were you thinking, just using sand paper to remove it? Have you considered getting it powdered?
My mate is an ex painter so hes going to prep it for me ,he mentioned an orbital sander to remove the existing paint ,fill any parts that need filling etc etc, Im sure you cant powder coat fibreglass easily
YouTube
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

trev1976 wrote: My mate is an ex painter so hes going to prep it for me ,he mentioned an orbital sander to remove the existing paint ,fill any parts that need filling etc etc, Im sure you cant powder coat fibreglass easily
Gotcha. Look forward to seeing the results.
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

The only cool painted candy that I saw was a black NNC running Ikaruga. With all the marquees in place and some white buttons, it looked fabulous.
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Superpangs
YouTube
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Post by monouchi »

Custom Ikaruga NNC is awesome.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Just looked up the Ikaruga NNC to see what all the fuss was about. Wow! That's not just a paint job, that's a complete retheme as well. Really like the repainted light cover at the top. Nice touch :D .
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

I don't think the Blasts are as good. Seem like just a paint job with a marquee on top. The thing that is great about the Ikaruga NNC is the subtleties in it's retheme. The custom CP art, button colors, sticker art down the sides, and the green light cover are what really bring forth the appeal. That's just my opinion though...
denson
eBay: chubba100

Post by denson »

I love Pangs Ikaruga NNC cab, it looks awesome! And don't forget that Naomi cabs came in all sorts of colours depending on the game anyway, so black is actually a standard colour (for a HOTD3 cab) but they also came in blue, red, orange, yellow and gold (and was there a green ghost squad one?)
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

denson wrote:And don't forget that Naomi cabs came in all sorts of colours depending on the game anyway, so black is actually a standard colour (for a HOTD3 cab) but they also came in blue, red, orange, yellow and gold (and was there a green ghost squad one?)
That's right, I had a green Ghost Squad. The thing I dislike about those official coloured Naomi cabs is that the bottom control panel assy is always white. Ruins the look IMO.
denson
eBay: chubba100

Post by denson »

ah of course...I suppose you could always get it painted to match, but it would look odd if it were even slightly different :eh: shame
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

That's really weird, wonder why they decided to go with that. Kind of annoying...