Token, Dublin

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Molloy
Please Continue...
Token, Dublin

Post by Molloy »

A new barcade opened in Dublin the other week and it's doing really well. There's capacity for maybe 200 or so and you have to get a reservation most of the time because it's full. Big focus on food but they've got a pretty good selection of dedicated arcade machines and pinball all priced at 50 cent a pop.

Donkey Kong
Pac-Man
Space Invaders
Tetris
Tekken Tag Tournament
Street Fighter 2 CE
Mortal Kombat 2
Ghosts N Goblins
Sunset Riders
NBA Hangtime (NBA Jam 2)
The Simpsons
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
X-Men (4 player)
Marvel Vs. Capcom
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Spiderman (4 player)
WWF Royal Rumble
Superman
Mario Kart GP
Point Blank
Final Fight
Double Dragon
Crazy Taxi

Addams Family
Medieval Madness
Theatre of Magic
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Funhouse
Road Show
The Simpsons
Family Guy

Only real criticism of the place is the background music is really loud so I couldn't hear most of the games. There's also a focus on multiplayer stuff so would have been more fun with some buddies rather than solo. It's certainly pretty good though. There hasn't been an arcade in Ireland of this quality in 20 years.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Re: Token, Dublin

Post by Hellfromabove »

Tried to look for pics, but couldn't seem to find too many. Very cool stuff though! Got a barcade that's really nice here in Los Angeles called Button Mash. One of the things I really appreciate about the place is that they have you use tokens instead quarters in the machines. The tokens are even ones created specifically for their location with their art stamped on both sides. I currently have 50 of them resting in an ashtray next to one of my cabs :awe: .

Anyway, if I do end up making it up to Dublin in the near future, I will definitely hit this place up!
Molloy
Please Continue...

Post by Molloy »

They were out of tokens the day I was there but they gave me a little bag for my change. Here's a few photos on the Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TokenDublin ... e_internal
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Man, that food looks great and glad to see they have the tokens as well. Just adds to the authentic arcade feel imo. Going to have to come up and get one of those shirts :D.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

The only thing I don't understand is why over 18' s only ,it rules out a lot of families out for a bite .I passed it the last day I was in Dublin but it wasn't open yet.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

geotrig wrote:The only thing I don't understand is why over 18' s only ,it rules out a lot of families out for a bite .I passed it the last day I was in Dublin but it wasn't open yet.
We've got similar rules here, but it's below 21 as that's the drinking age here hehe. However, they make it so anyone below that age can stay until about 8 or 9pm that night. Not sure why this place would completely rule out people below 21 though...
Molloy
Please Continue...

Post by Molloy »

I think the rules in Ireland are children are only allowed in a bar before 6pm, with parental supervision. Maybe they've relaxed it somewhat but you're still only one drunk child away from the whole venue getting shut down for quite a while if the Gardai are not sympathetic to the kind of business you're running. It is for instance totally fine to drink underage in the bars where the Gardai drink..
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

Isn't it more of a restaurant / eatery? I very rarely travel to Dublin without the kids ,so it's a no go for me I have no issues with it restricting children unaccompanied but not allowing families is just a bit daft . The problem" here" though ,is we can only have something as a bar or not ,none of this multi use nonsense

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Molloy
Please Continue...

Post by Molloy »

I'd imagine they'll probably allow kids at some point in the future once the novelty of the place wears off a bit. It's jammed at the moment so they're going to make more money off adults buying pints. It won't stay hip for long there will be somewhere else doing 2018's trend.