Aero City Buying Advice

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Re: Aero City Buying Advice

Post by Hellfromabove »

Spectrexcwk wrote:...Hell from above - were you able to check the neo geo aero fighters machine? This one -https://pasteboard.co/2j6E6HEHE.jpg

This looks like the only redeeming aero. I imagine in person it's a pos though.
I did not check it extensively as I had already gone through the other cabs and knew what to expect. From a quick glance I could tell that the only reason it looked decent was because it had a fresh coat of "cover up the rust" paint over it (you can somewhat tell from the pics on CL as well since the speaker grills are painted white). Also, if memory serves correctly, there was a decent sized dent on the left panel as well. Oh, and the metal topper area was bent out of shape. Watch out on the cabs as well. Whoever the previous owner was added some stupid metal bases to make the cabs taller, but drilled in to the bottom of the cabs and put a bolt through. Stupid thing is that the cabs have all their weight being held up by these four bolts and no support beams. So the bottoms of the cabs are being bent and and have been breaking over time. Apart from those 4 holes, there are definitely more. I've counted 18 extra holes on my Domy Jr so far that will need to filled. Will probably sand blast the entire cab and patch the holes with a bondo that would be safe while being baked after powder coating.

It still gets to me that he was trying to push those Indy cabs on you for $350 while one still had a broken monitor. If you really want those, lmk. I'll keep an eye out in CA and try to score some cheaper than that for you.
Spectrexcwk
Please Continue...
eBay: Spectrexcwk
Initials: Nwb

Post by Spectrexcwk »

Mr Thai/Cambodia wants $550 for the World Series baseball and the neo cab. I'm done with this idiot. I've wasted enough days trying to coordinate multiple schedules.

Fair warning - the owner will not budge, and regularly lies to try and pressure you to pay his prices. This assumes he even responds to you!! Ignore this at all costs folks!!!
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Spectrexcwk wrote:Mr Thai/Cambodia wants $550 for the World Series baseball and the neo cab. I'm done with this idiot. I've wasted enough days trying to coordinate multiple schedules.

Fair warning - the owner will not budge, and regularly lies to try and pressure you to pay his prices. This assumes he even responds to you!! Ignore this at all costs folks!!!
Lol, horrible. Just because he overpaid doesn't mean you should. Just message the guy and tell him you're done with him.
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Those Aero's need ALOT of love. Practically a full restore. Too bad he wouldnt budge on a price...
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
seac
eBay: Childofoceanus
Initials: Sea

Post by seac »

Sorry for reviving this thread but this is too funny to me, in 2016 I went to visit the same warehouse and went through stuff. It was easily the worst experience I'd had on Craigslist as well. I wasn't as knowledgeable on arcade repairs at the time so I passed on everything. Now looking back at some of the cabs I remember there I'm extremely glad I didn't buy anything.