Anybody in the US own an unconverted Dinosaur King?

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Tassadar
Please Continue...

Anybody in the US own an unconverted Dinosaur King?

Post by Tassadar »

Hoping there's someone stateside that has an unconverted Dinosaur King game. Bonus if its in northern IL, San Antonio, or around Orlando/St. Augustine.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Re: Anybody in the US own an unconverted Dinosaur King?

Post by Hellfromabove »

I'd post up in the Wanted section in the Trading Outlet. Might get some bites there. I've only seen one Dinosaur King cab in the US and it was converted to a JAMMA Skycurser setup. Would love to get two myself to make a h2h setup.
toltecnightmare
Please Continue...
eBay: j_cmoya
Initials: AJP

Post by toltecnightmare »

There was one in Indiana about a year ago that some genius converted to a 60 in 1 :sick: (rest in pieces), but that's the only one I've ever seen for sale that was close enough to drive to (I live in Michigan). Wish I had a picture, because it, and its Galaga CPO needed to be in the gallery of ****.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

toltecnightmare wrote:There was one in Indiana about a year ago that some genius converted to a 60 in 1 :sick: (rest in pieces), but that's the only one I've ever seen for sale that was close enough to drive to (I live in Michigan). Wish I had a picture, because it, and its Galaga CPO needed to be in the gallery of ****.
Curious, remember what he was selling it for?

Also, I've been looking at a lot of these kiddie/ terminal type cabs and it seems that there are a lot of other options other than the Mushi/Dino/L&B cabs. Seen quite a few cabs that have protruding CPs that would be worthy conversion candidates.
toltecnightmare
Please Continue...

Hellfromabove wrote:
toltecnightmare wrote:There was one in Indiana about a year ago that some genius converted to a 60 in 1 :sick: (rest in pieces), but that's the only one I've ever seen for sale that was close enough to drive to (I live in Michigan). Wish I had a picture, because it, and its Galaga CPO needed to be in the gallery of ****.
Curious, remember what he was selling it for?

Also, I've been looking at a lot of these kiddie/ terminal type cabs and it seems that there are a lot of other options other than the Mushi/Dino/L&B cabs. Seen quite a few cabs that have protruding CPs that would be worthy conversion candidates.
Well he'd added a $45 60 in 1 board, so of course it was over a grand. I think it started at 1,200 and it was lowered to 1000 after a few months. "Brand new lcd" also. Yay...
:P Maybe in the Fort Wayne area?
I gave him credit for the CP, which looked professional, but it was painted a pinkish orange color, like coral or baby puke.

I'd be interested to learn of a few similar cabs, myself. I always thought one might look nice next to my Dreamcast kiosk.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

toltecnightmare wrote: I'd be interested to learn of a few similar cabs, myself. I always thought one might look nice next to my Dreamcast kiosk.
Honestly, anything with a protruding CP that has a 45 - 90 degree angle. Something like this:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r196047309
toltecnightmare
Please Continue...

Hellfromabove wrote:
toltecnightmare wrote: I'd be interested to learn of a few similar cabs, myself. I always thought one might look nice next to my Dreamcast kiosk.
Honestly, anything with a protruding CP that has a 45 - 90 degree angle. Something like this:

Wow, those are cheap, too.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

toltecnightmare wrote:
Hellfromabove wrote:

Wow, those are cheap, too.
Yeah, it's a decent price, but shipping it over will get pricey. Will need to bring over a container.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Also, charging $1000 for a Mushiking is ridiculous, but if someone wants it enough they will pay for it. Honestly, a few hundred is more doable for something like that. Atst, there is demand for those cabs because everyone has seen conversion done with them and wants to do it themselves. However, as I pointed out, there are many other worthy conversion candidates out there and it really should not be limited to just the Mushiking cab model. Stray from the norm and you will definitely find something cheaper, more readily available, and maybe even better.
Flinnster
Please Continue...
eBay: flinnster
Initials: KID

Post by Flinnster »

Yep I've looked at a lot of these types of things in my own quest for making a mini-arcade. But the issue to look for really is that a lot of the front facing panels are at a really stupid angle to be honest, they simply don't lend themselves well to traditional control panels. But even with this in the mind there are a ton of different cabs even just searching for the words ticket / rendemption / novelty etc.. and a lot of them can be saved for other purposes :)
WTD: Rolling Thunder pcb, ANY Dino King / Love & Berry / MushiKing spare parts!!
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

I own one now! :awe:

As far as pricing goes, it seems like they are all over the place. One guy from the EC told me that he's seen gutted ones priced at $500 and sell instantly. However, those are EC prices as we all know. I really don't know what these would go for complete on the WC or EC... By basing the sale of a gutted one for $500 on the EC, I'd say that $700 - $900 for a complete one might be doable. More than likely it is probably due to the supply of the item. It doesn't seem like there were many imported in to the US. Like Aeros for instance, they go for over $1000 US all day in EU even in the worst of conditions. However, on the EC, they go for a bit less than that while on the WC they are almost everywhere and go for pretty cheap. If you're patient, you can probably find one for a couple hundred bucks or less.

As we all know though, if demand for the product is out there then people will pay w/e. Look at freakin' pins, not 10 years ago you could scoop w/e you wanted up for a couple hundred bucks. Now, everything is going for thousands. I'm not posting my thoughts on prices because I'm trying to sell mine or anything, all the cabs I have I am keeping for a good long while for personal projects.

What's everyone elses' thoughts on pricing for these?
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

£50 tops.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Would not give one a home for free.
RoZioN
Initials: ASH

Post by RoZioN »

I paid 400 eur for mine, running mr driller now, with some extras.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

So much hate overseas for this cab lol.
Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Post by Johnnychaos »

Hellfromabove wrote:So much hate overseas for this cab lol.
I think they look cool. which is why I've owned 4 over the years, but if you own a full size candy they never get played.

Their pricing is daft though. I can't think of any other cabs were gutting them, adding a few stickers and a new loom suddenly make them worth more.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

It's not even a proper cab, it's a ticket dispenser. It's no better than a FOBT. :problem:
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

I definitely understand where you're all coming from. I think these days there are a lot of people looking for a smaller form factor type of cab since they don't have much free space in their house to work with. Of course, everyone would love to own a Cute, but they are expensive and somewhat hard to come by. It seems that the Dinoking is a reasonable middle ground. One step up from just using a PVM and a supergun ;) .
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Except the picture quality from a PVM gapes the B-grade turdshooter in these.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Hellfromabove wrote:Several steps down from just using a PVM and a supergun ;) .