ST-V scans/wiki

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Forum rules
ArcadeOtaku forum introduction & rules
User avatar
Stompp
Posts: 903
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Initials: DAD
Contact:

ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Stompp » March 1st, 2017, 12:46 pm

Since I've been hunting for PCB scans of ST-V titles lately I realized there's not much out there. So, I borrowed the idea from the MVS scans site and created an ST-V wiki for collecting pictures of ST-V carts and PCB's. I know there's a few wikis covering the ST-V on the Intertubes but I thought it could be of interest if we could collect whatever info/art/repair logs/oddities about the ST-V system here.

It's still very much a work in progress and un-sexy. We've managed to add a few games but it's far from done. If you've got games that are missing scans (or bootlegs/other versions) or anything else ST-V related, feel free to upload and write a few lines or throw them my way and I'll take care of it.

Please take a look and tell me what you think -> http://titan.clubsega.se/

stv-wiki.jpg
User avatar
Flinnster
Posts: 174
Joined: September 19th, 2016, 12:06 am
Initials: KID

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Flinnster » March 1st, 2017, 1:28 pm

:thumbupright: Looks good. Was ST-V bootlegging a big problem? I didn't think that system had anywhere near the problem that MVS had.
Wanted:
- PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
User avatar
markedkiller78
Not gay, "adventurous"
Posts: 7988
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 6:53 pm
Initials: MAL

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby markedkiller78 » March 1st, 2017, 1:32 pm

Cotton 2 was the biggest problem, but I think RSG boots are kicking about too.
Neo_Arcadia wrote:are you simple or something ?
User avatar
Stompp
Posts: 903
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Initials: DAD
Contact:

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Stompp » March 1st, 2017, 1:47 pm

Honestly, I don't know if bootlegging has been a big problem, other than for the Cotton titles (2 and Boomerang). Definitely not as widespread as among the MVS's at least. Most of the games have been fairly cheap and easily available but so far we've spotted bootlegs of Terra Diver, Steep Slope Sliders and Decahtlete IIRC so they do exist. Even among the cheaper games. I'm fairly new to the ST-V system myself so it was partly out of my own curiosity that I started the wiki.
User avatar
turntablism
Posts: 238
Joined: June 11th, 2010, 8:11 am

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby turntablism » March 1st, 2017, 1:55 pm

i have plenty of carts but never opened one...what tool did u use ?
User avatar
Stompp
Posts: 903
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Initials: DAD
Contact:

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Stompp » March 1st, 2017, 2:08 pm

turntablism wrote:i have plenty of carts but never opened one...what tool did u use ?

You need the 4.5 mm version of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-8mm-4-5mm ... SwyQtVrR4j

Don't really know the correct name for them but I've heard people calling them game bits. You can also make a tool out of a toothbrush or Bic pen :awe:
User avatar
turntablism
Posts: 238
Joined: June 11th, 2010, 8:11 am

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby turntablism » March 1st, 2017, 2:24 pm

ok, first will i try the melting pen trick
User avatar
Stompp
Posts: 903
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Initials: DAD
Contact:

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Stompp » March 1st, 2017, 2:29 pm

turntablism wrote:ok, first will i try the melting pen trick

:thumbup: :awe: :thumbupright:
User avatar
turntablism
Posts: 238
Joined: June 11th, 2010, 8:11 am

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby turntablism » March 1st, 2017, 2:35 pm

i also have some (bad) artwork files. please tell me if they are ok or i should stop to upload them...
User avatar
Stompp
Posts: 903
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Initials: DAD
Contact:

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Stompp » March 1st, 2017, 2:58 pm

turntablism wrote:i also have some (bad) artwork files. please tell me if they are ok or i should stop to upload them...

Much appreciated :awe: Just upload them and I can sort them onto pages.
User avatar
phillv85
Posts: 199
Joined: March 16th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Initials: PAV

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby phillv85 » March 1st, 2017, 3:00 pm

I've got a fair few carts. I actually opened my RSG and Cotton 2 to check they were legit at weekend.... after owning them for 3 years :oops:

Edit: Happy to take some photo's and scan the artwork I have. I can make a start tomorrow.
Last edited by phillv85 on March 1st, 2017, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
RMRM
Posts: 437
Joined: April 20th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby RMRM » March 1st, 2017, 3:08 pm

I think i have a Die Hard bootleg, can send you pictures if you like.

Also have an original Purikura Daisakusen i can share.

Altough i always have the feeling that the cart shell is about to break each time i try to open one :problem:
User avatar
nem
Posts: 723
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby nem » March 1st, 2017, 3:52 pm

Good effort.

I'll send some pics over later this week.
User avatar
Stompp
Posts: 903
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Initials: DAD
Contact:

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Stompp » March 1st, 2017, 4:00 pm

phillv85 wrote:I've got a fair few carts. I actually opened my RSG and Cotton 2 to check they were legit at weekend.... after owning them for 3 years :oops:

Edit: Happy to take some photo's and scan the artwork I have. I can make a start tomorrow.

RMRM wrote:I think i have a Die Hard bootleg, can send you pictures if you like.

Also have an original Purikura Daisakusen i can share.

Altough i always have the feeling that the cart shell is about to break each time i try to open one :problem:

nem wrote:Good effort.

I'll send some pics over later this week.

:awe: :slowclap: Thank you, guys!
User avatar
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Still pantless?
Posts: 2782
Joined: March 19th, 2012, 7:22 am
Contact:

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby LEGENOARYNINLIA » March 1st, 2017, 5:09 pm

GaijinPunch has scans of a lot of ST-V flyers. Maybe ask if you can upload those?
User avatar
turntablism
Posts: 238
Joined: June 11th, 2010, 8:11 am

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby turntablism » March 1st, 2017, 5:12 pm

Final Fight & Astra Super Stars files uploaded ;)
If someone wants to write the infos (Year, Japanese Name etc...) about the Games - Please Do it - i am lazy :oops:
User avatar
Stompp
Posts: 903
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Initials: DAD
Contact:

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Stompp » March 1st, 2017, 10:11 pm

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote:GaijinPunch has scans of a lot of ST-V flyers. Maybe ask if you can upload those?

I'll post on shmups later tonight. Lets see if he takes the bait :shifty:
turntablism wrote:Final Fight & Astra Super Stars files uploaded ;)
If someone wants to write the infos (Year, Japanese Name etc...) about the Games - Please Do it - i am lazy :oops:

Cheers mate :awe: About the edits - I've got your back 8-)
User avatar
phillv85
Posts: 199
Joined: March 16th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Initials: PAV

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby phillv85 » March 2nd, 2017, 5:37 pm

Here's images of my 12 Japanese carts. I've got a Decathlete somewhere, not sure on the region of it, probably Euro.

Looks like you've got images of most of them already, but maybe some will come in useful. I've also linked to your wiki in my blog, hope you don't mind!

Nicely laid out in my blog: http://phillsarcade.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/sega-stv-carts-and-internals.html
Back to front in my imgur gallery :oops: http://imgur.com/a/1lnMA

Feel free to use whatever images you want from there.
User avatar
phillv85
Posts: 199
Joined: March 16th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Initials: PAV

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby phillv85 » March 2nd, 2017, 5:45 pm

Looks like turntablism's RSG booty/conversion might have started life as a Sega Bass Fishing from my photo's.
User avatar
Stompp
Posts: 903
Joined: July 10th, 2012, 10:58 am
Initials: DAD
Contact:

Re: ST-V scans/wiki

Postby Stompp » March 2nd, 2017, 6:45 pm

phillv85 wrote:Here's images of my 12 Japanese carts. I've got a Decathlete somewhere, not sure on the region of it, probably Euro.

Looks like you've got images of most of them already, but maybe some will come in useful. I've also linked to your wiki in my blog, hope you don't mind!

Nicely laid out in my blog: http://phillsarcade.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/sega-stv-carts-and-internals.html
Back to front in my imgur gallery :oops: http://imgur.com/a/1lnMA

Feel free to use whatever images you want from there.

Much obliged :awe: The more photos to pick from, the merrier ;) Might find different versions, boots etc that can be useful. I'll add a link back to your blog from the wiki :thumbup:
phillv85 wrote:Looks like turntablism's RSG booty/conversion might have started life as a Sega Bass Fishing from my photo's.

Nice find :D This is precisely the kind of stuff I'd like to get up on the wiki.

Return to “Arcade Games”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users