UD-CPS2: Fully Consolized Capcom Play System 2

Coin-operated games and arcades.
whitecomet
Initials: DNA

UD-CPS2: Fully Consolized Capcom Play System 2

Post by whitecomet »

Hi guys....

Few years back a guy over on the SRK forums made a few of these, he made fully built ones and also sold the controls decoders separate. Since then he has stopped making them due to whatever reasons?

Has the knowledge died with him? Is there still a demand for these as he seemed to sell alot for $400 each!

I know years ago a member of the UK community built something similar, just wondered if people know if anyone else can make these?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/ ... y-system-2
Rocco

Re: UD-CPS2: Fully Consolized Capcom Play System 2

Post by Rocco »

Candy cab much better and without lag :awe:
Aurich

Post by Aurich »

That man is hated by so many collectors for ruining so many A boards. Just get a supergun instead of trashing parts so they can no longer work in cabinets.
MDK

Post by MDK »

He's still making them, it's just that there is a 2 year+ waiting list. Look's like that will be the last lot before the DIY kits are release.

He mentions it in the thread you linked ;)
ChuChuFlamingo

Post by ChuChuFlamingo »

Aurich wrote:That man is hated by so many collectors for ruining so many A boards. Just get a supergun instead of trashing parts so they can no longer work in cabinets.
I can see why. I don't get why he just didn't make a breakout box that connects via a jamma extender instead of mutilating a case. It seems dumb to drill **** into the case because you don't want to carry around a small box with an extender.With this in mind, if the CPS2 A board ever dies, it is easy to switch.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

If this continues then the cost of A-boards might in future be pushed up to 10% Grail and beyond. Oh, hang on...
ChuChuFlamingo

Post by ChuChuFlamingo »

spmbx wrote:To be fair i think the a-board prices just follow the regular greedcurve that's valid for the majority of hardware that has a jamma plug.
I agree somewhat, but when this thing first came out I remember a immediate demand for A boards and people paying ridiculous amounts for one. Just like the proliferation of superguns has affected jamma board prices, this affected it even more so.
Caprica
Please Continue...
eBay: Levelupvideogames

Post by Caprica »

I was looking for one of these.... decided to go for a supergun setup in the end.....