Arcade Release Numbers

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Missile5
Please Continue...
eBay: buzz939

Arcade Release Numbers

Post by Missile5 »

Star Wars (arcade) was a phenomenal success for Atari. Over 10,000 of the game's upright cabinets were built, alongside 2,540 sit-down cabinets - making it the last of Atari's to crack the 10,000 mark until Area51 12 years later
This was a quote from an interview with Mike Hally who worked on the original Atari Star Wars arcade game. This was many more cabinets than I would have guessed! But it was a very successful game.

What would be average release numbers for an arcade game? and does anyone have any exact figures for the more famous arcade games?
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Re: Arcade Release Numbers

Post by FcoBenitez »

I like to watch TNT Amusements YouTube channel, Todd knows a lot of games and always gives trivia info like that (Number of Made cabinets, their original price, costs of maintenance, etc). You can find that info on many of their vídeos (the only candy cab I've seen on his channel so far was a Sega Bass Fishing Blast City, but they feature a lot of racing games).
2X Sega Aero City
p1pkin
Please Continue...

Post by p1pkin »

some bits of info can be seen there -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcade_ga ... sing_games
Missile5
Please Continue...
eBay: buzz939

Post by Missile5 »

FcoBenitez wrote:I like to watch TNT Amusements YouTube channel, Todd knows a lot of games and always gives trivia info like that (Number of Made cabinets, their original price, costs of maintenance, etc). You can find that info on many of their vídeos (the only candy cab I've seen on his channel so far was a Sega Bass Fishing Blast City, but they feature a lot of racing games).
Thank you. I will look him up, sounds like they could be interesting videos. Wonder where he gets his information from?
p1pkin wrote:some bits of info can be seen there -
Excellent. Thank you. Very interesting to see Pac Man doing numbers like 400,000 units ! and then Outrun (seemed to be everywhere at the time) 4 years later down to a comparatively low but still very good 20,000.

Wonder how many of those original 400,000 Pacman games were destroyed?
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

Missile5 wrote:
FcoBenitez wrote:I like to watch TNT Amusements YouTube channel, Todd knows a lot of games and always gives trivia info like that (Number of Made cabinets, their original price, costs of maintenance, etc). You can find that info on many of their vídeos (the only candy cab I've seen on his channel so far was a Sega Bass Fishing Blast City, but they feature a lot of racing games).
Thank you. I will look him up, sounds like they could be interesting videos. Wonder where he gets his information from?
p1pkin wrote:some bits of info can be seen there -
Excellent. Thank you. Very interesting to see Pac Man doing numbers like 400,000 units ! and then Outrun (seemed to be everywhere at the time) 4 years later down to a comparatively low but still very good 20,000.

Wonder how many of those original 400,000 Pacman games were destroyed?
From what I know, he's been in the business since the 80's, owning an arcade and then selling games.
2X Sega Aero City