Cooperation Cup 15 (biggest 3rd Strike tournament of the year)

Coin-operated games and arcades.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Cooperation Cup 15 (biggest 3rd Strike tournament of the year)

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Over 460 players have signed up for the Street Fighter III 3rd Strike 5 VS 5 team tournament called Cooperation Cup 17.

At 10AM Tokyo time on the 7th (which is in about 150 minutes from the time of posting this) the Pre-Cooperation Cup 15 will start. It's a 5 VS 5 tournament where the teams are composed of the same characters. There are 65 teams, with one team that has a mix of different characters as the same character rule isn't strictly enforced.

The English language stream can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/gamenewton_us (remove the _us if you want to watch with Japanese commentary)

And on the 8th the proper Cooperation Cup 15 will begin. There are 91 teams. You can check out the teams for both cups from this link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wf6 ... eilv4/edit

And here are some cool statistics about this year's tournament vs the past years: https://i.imgur.com/y6oQ9la.jpg

To me this is the biggest highlight of my arcade hobby that I can't participate in myself. Definitely worth watching. I'm going to be on the official AO IRC channel while the stream is on if anyone wants to join in. For those who can't stay up, don't worry, there will be Youtube videos later.

Even if you're not into fighting games or prefer another game over 3rd Strike I recommend you tune in. It's going to be awesome. Last year in the finals the captain of the team decided to take first position and proceeded to wipe out the other team entirely by himself. It was truly amazing. As the game would put it: ALRIGHT! THAT'S COOL!
Emulation's nice when done well
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Re: Cooperation Cup 15 (biggest 3rd Strike tournament of the year)

Post by phillv85 »

Thanks for the links. Good to see this game is still alive and kicking. Think I'll stick my 3rd Strike setup n the Astro tomorrow :awe:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

It's more than alive and kicking. There's a real world wide resurgence going on. :)
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

The Pre Cooperation Cup was amazing!

The main event starts in exactly 3 hours!
wigsplitta
Savile's alibi

Post by wigsplitta »

Thanks for the heads up. Woke up earlier rather usual yesterday (unplanned) so got to watch it for a while. There were some really great matches. It also made my Sunday morning supermarket trip with the missus far more fun than usual :awe:

One of my fav bits that I saw:
https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t43 ... e=5873A5A0
I Got PAID...
ウィッグスプリッター - スーパーガレージゲームセンター。
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Yeah, that was simply amazing. Other highlights for me were the tiebreaker matches where Y.S.B.'s team chose Pierrot's Remy to present them. He got so close to winning in both of those matches. And I don't think I can forget about watching Alex decide who wins the title.

I think this was the most exciting event I have ever witnessed. Even better than any FIFA World Cups... which is good because I doubt I will be watching those in the future.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

balls missed this ...just watched a small bit its nice to see some competitive sf action going

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

Waiting for the highlights compilation :) the bits that sites like This is 3rd Strike have shared so far are :awe:
2X Sega Aero City