NeoSD - I'm loving it

Coin-operated games and arcades.
monouchi
Polishing his shaft
eBay: monouchi_jn
Initials: BUS

Re: NeoSD - I'm loving it

Post by monouchi »

OlDirty wrote:The multi MVS card from darksoft should have much shorter loading times for the games. I just read in the other forum.
But DS loads at start up, the Nds does not.
So a little different set ups, may be good depending of what you are looking for.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

Just send me £700 and I'll sort you out with a cart that plays all da ROMZ.
Emulation's nice when done well
rugdoctor
Please Continue...
Initials: KLM

Post by rugdoctor »

gojira54 wrote:http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... v475620265

Will ¥200000 be the new £700 tho?
lol
Thats a lot of Big Macs :twisted:
my website: http://kelvinsgamingheaven.blogspot.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
monouchi
Polishing his shaft

Post by monouchi »

Im loving it too.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

£700 =€50

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

Ok now Im hungry
2X Sega Aero City
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Choice is good :)

EDIT: *Upon checking me facts the struck through text doesn't appear to be true - maker of sd is surfacing here and there, and there doesn't appear to be any ripping off going on. Apologies.*

It is a little suspect in regards to amount of transparency/stealing - no one seems to be openly putting their name to this... But being the first out of the gates, they must have put some of this together themselves even if they nicked the rest.

The existing multi carts are ok, and there probably wouldn't a be a need for 90% of poeple if only they'd curated all the games without the hacks... even if they'd had them on 2 volumes or something... I've no idea if homebrew types have better/easier options when running on hardware - imagine most testing happens in emulation, otherwise there might be a small market on enthusiasts who are very interested.

Price isn't great, which just means it's not an impulse buy. But I'm not going to **** on that off the bat without anything else to really compare against... but for the same reason, knowing others are on the way, I'm not ordering yet... and the significant 'sale' price seems like a ploy to encourage an investment before any others arrive, suppose you can't blame the effort,but it is a little shady if either price (but especially the full price) isn't an honest reflection of the effort/costs that went into this, especially if some of this was in fact nicked from other designs. Assuming all things are roughly equal I'd rather go for Raz/Darksoft options knowing for sure (well as far as possible) I was rewarding original effort.
Last edited by gray117 on October 27th, 2016, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NGAES

Post by NGAES »

What's this talk about stealing? Who stole what and how? I am all ears.. :lol:
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Sorry hadn't checked in with the drama [more fool me] ... took the Darksoft mention earlier to imply that - but it's not a rip-off ... and the neosd guy seems to be surfacing in a perfectly legit manner over a neo-geo, Raz is going to review.

Interesting idea raised over there - what if you could now legit purchase a rom / patch / bug fix ngdev games?
monouchi
Polishing his shaft

Post by monouchi »

gray117 wrote:Interesting idea raised over there - what if you could now legit purchase a rom / patch / bug fix ngdev games?
Def this as they dont have some of the games for sale anymore for MVS, like Neo Xyx. :awe:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

seems the games seem to play pretty ok from what raz has reviewed ...id stillprefer a bigmac

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I'm surprised they aren't doing an AES version, unless I missed something?
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

From what i briefly read and i could have missed something also , is, "he wasnt going into detail yet" so neither confirmed or denied it . So unless i missed a post ,it wasnt ruled out fully ? To me it seems like an AES version would be a no brainer ,(i know id probably think about getting an AES one ) but there must be something preventing people doing it ? :think: