If you ever buy a used neo geo mv 1 motherboard..

Coin-operated games and arcades.
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Re: If you ever buy a used neo geo mv 1 motherboard..

Post by CTN »

Jan wrote:well , then let him have it fixed localy, he can Play right away without any more waiting and all are happy.
:pointup: :pointup: :pointup:
eckart
Please Continue...
eBay: ciaomichael-punkt-de

Post by eckart »

He told me he hasnt one around, so i made him this offer...
wombat
Initials: WBT

Post by wombat »

Eckart, I think you misunderstood me. I said I'm not capable of fixing this myself, but that I wanted to look for someone locally.

Anyway let's take any further communication in regards to our deal back to PM, and let this topic serve it's purpose for fellow arcade enthousiasts to debate on this matter and/or inform rookies like us that the battery can be a crucial element in a players comfort :awe:
eckart
Please Continue...

Post by eckart »

Wombat, this threat was ok bevore you make it privat!

For my reputation...

I play this game on the mv 1 for one or two weeks.
I bought the mv 1 a view weeks ago only to play neo xyx from this ebay member.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Neo-Geo-MVS-MV-1 ... SwbsBXobsB
I realize it didnt safe propper after a view days not playing. As i played it at the beginning over a hour a day it was fine.
In your book i am now a bad person that i didnt change the battery bevore selling it again?
On what drugs are you? Sorry, but i realy dont see here any room for a refund.
Nobody expect this from a over 20 year old hardware.
AND do you realy think the set didnt sell if i claim in the advertising the battery is dead or weak?
I am 100% sure if i told you before the battery is weak you have bought it anyway.

Ask a mv 1 seller on ebay about the battery. I am sure you will get a ?

Again, i realy dont understand why you try so hard to force me over a view pm to get a refund.
Yesterday again this pm with the melody of refunding.
If you buy a used motherboard like the mv 1, pgm 1 or sh3 you cant expect this!
Also i dont understand why one of the administrators says i have to refund or to fix it?

It is a realy pitty wombat gets room for this behavier.
I am the last one who didnt help or find a solution, but this is nuts!
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

I don't want to seem rude in any way, but i've said something similar in the past:

If you can't replace a dead battery or a broken cap, you better look for another hobby.

It's like buying a used car and not be able to reffil the tank or put air on the tires on your own.

And like spmbx said, i wish all my gaming problems where 3€ problems :D
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

RMRM wrote:I don't want to seem rude in any way, but i've said something similar in the past:

If you can't replace a dead battery or a broken cap, you better look for another hobby.

that is a bold statement.

i have been doing this for the last 23 years and i have never changed a cap or battery, not because i can`t, but because other people can do it much better.
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Shame that XZXYZX or whatever is like the only game that you need to have a save feature to avoid having to change the setting on every play.

But that is like only 1 game really. I personally rip the batteries of all my Neo mobos, clean up the area and never replace them. Nasty battery acid!

I only (reluctantly) keep batteries on my CPS2 live boards.

I have successfully replaced 1 battery on my SSF2X ... so I await my Arcade Hardware Proficiency Stage 1 badge that I can sew on my soiled sega technician overalls.
RMRM

Post by RMRM »

Jan wrote:
RMRM wrote:I don't want to seem rude in any way, but i've said something similar in the past:

that is a bold statement.

i have been doing this for the last 23 years and i have never changed a cap or battery, not because i can`t, but because other people can do it much better.
Or at least you need to have an alternative.

I also love old cars (and have one myself) and i know nothing about mechanics. I need someone who i can trust locally to help me out.

What i mean is, when you deal with old technology you must at least be aware of this kind of basic facts.
wombat
Initials: WBT

Post by wombat »

@RMRM, not being able to solder and/or having the tools for it is definitively limiting in this hobby, but it doesn't make it impossible. Over the last 15 years I only needed technical assistance once for the replacement of one of my monitors. Besides that I have not run into technical problems, well of course now with the battery and all ;)

@eckart, my whole problem with this transaction is the fact that you didn't disclose the battery was a dupe in your advertisement, while you knew this was the case and it's function is of the essence for NEO XYX to play. So for me it was quite the surprise, finding out I'm unable to play the game in a convenient way. Anyway I'm repeating myself now. As I also PM'ed you yesterday; I'm pulling myself back from this, we have a different stance on this matter and I simply don't want to keep on 'fighting' to solve this. I will not leave negative nor positive feedback on our deal, so I will let it fully rest. Let's not continue bickering back and forth about this and let this topic serve a greater good of informing others about MVS mainboard batteries and NEO XYX soft dip dependencies.
eckart
Please Continue...

Post by eckart »

:thumbupright:
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

After reading all this through can I change my vote to yes? :shifty:

Sorry if I contributed to the palava but Jan started it :lol:
kernow wrote:
Cmon chop I wanna see your manly bricklayer arms.
eckart
Please Continue...

Post by eckart »

Threat close please, thanks!
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Thread locked. If the buyer wishes to take this any further please use the dispute thread.