What Street Fighter games have you played?

Coin-operated games and arcades.

What SF games have you played?

Street Fighter
4%
Street Fighter II WW / SF2
8%
Street Fighter II CE / SF2'
8%
Street Fighter II Turbo /SF2'T
7%
Super Street Fighter II /SSF2
7%
Super Street Fighter II Turbo / SSF2X
8%
Street Fighter Zero / Alpha
7%
Street Fighter Zero 2 / Alpha 2
7%
Street Fighter Zero 3 / Alpha 3
7%
Street Fighter EX
5%
Street Fighter EX2
4%
Street Fighter III New Generation
6%
Street Fighter III Giant Attack
5%
Street Fighter III Third Strike
8%
Street Fighter IV (includes Super and Ultra)
7%

Total votes: 869
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Re: What Street Fighter games have you played?

Post by bloodhokuto »

I prefer the first EX (on the PS) to the sequels, in fact I hate playing EX2 over EX plus alpha.

Skullomania was one of the best characters anywhere and had one of the most ridiculous special moves ever with the 'skullo dream'. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j67DM7l1Vcc")

My screen name, obviously comes from the hokum character (or rather the 'evil' variant). To be honest it was only chosen many, many years ago when I was a trying to pick an email address out for the first time and couldn't think of anything, and happened to have the game booklet near me (I have no idea why I couldn't have just used a variant of my real name).

For some reason I have been wary of picking up the board for my cabs.
meijin

Post by meijin »

All, even **** SF4 :problem:
3rd Strike > Zero 3 > Super Turbo > rest
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

The special moves being a mystery is Capcom's pro move to allow Japanese players to master the game first.
MrHalibut
eBay: Mr_Meh

Post by MrHalibut »

I played the first one with the ridiculous punch pads and thought it was just a stupid gimmick.
Then for some reason I bought the Amiga version, which was so **** it put me off the SF series for life. Although apparently the series went on to become quite popular :(
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

bloodhokuto wrote:I prefer the first EX (on the PS) to the sequels, in fact I hate playing EX2 over EX plus alpha.

Skullomania was one of the best characters anywhere and had one of the most ridiculous special moves ever with the 'skullo dream'. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j67DM7l1Vcc")

My screen name, obviously comes from the hokum character (or rather the 'evil' variant). To be honest it was only chosen many, many years ago when I was a trying to pick an email address out for the first time and couldn't think of anything, and happened to have the game booklet near me (I have no idea why I couldn't have just used a variant of my real name).

For some reason I have been wary of picking up the board for my cabs.
I really like EX Plus and played EX+a to death on the PS1. From memory I think I actually bought my first PS1 from Woolies with the game when EX+a came out, all my mates were crazy for Soul Blade at the time and were rather miffed that their button mashing skills didn't port over well. Skullomania (ssuuuuupper skullslider! ssuuuuupper skullcrucher! etc) is without doubt the best character to come out of the EX series, but there are a few cool designs. D Dark, Cracker Jack and Darun being other personal faves.

You really should get EX Plus on pcb. It's great and it's stupidly cheap. Massively underrated SF game imo, probably the most underrated.
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

I got my Ps1 with EX as well, the game came with a fight pad, which was pretty good (better than the standard PS joypad). I pretty much played it non-stop too.

It's a bit of a guilty pleasure it has to be said, it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the rest of the 2d street fighters, but its the one game that I clicked more with playability wise that ST, TS or Alpha series.

Don't tempt me on getting the board ... I'm meant to be cutting back on buying games!

It would be cool to play against a fellow EX fan sometime. 8-)
gray117

Post by gray117 »

... the sf3 non third strike backgrounds - probably amongst the least seen backgrounds of any title? Most variation seems to have it's distinct fans, but I don't think anyone plays any sf3 over 3rd strike, bit of a shame the bg art - although not always as strong - wasn't carried over as additional?
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

gray117 wrote:... the sf3 non third strike backgrounds - probably amongst the least seen backgrounds of any title? Most variation seems to have it's distinct fans, but I don't think anyone plays any sf3 over 3rd strike, bit of a shame the bg art - although not always as strong - wasn't carried over as additional?
I prefer 2I over 3S :shifty:

I didnt vote that i played sf but i'm fairly sure i did bitd and only the odd couple of credits.
SF2 WW was my main game and the one that got me hooked ,when all those rainbow and hacked versions came out it stopped enjoying ce and that so if i walked into a place ww would get my money over any other version.
we never got ssf2x or that in our arcades that i can remember.

SF the movie I sunk quiet a few quid into this :oops: it was popular enough for a very short time in our local arcade.that all i can say about it

sf3 and zeros i have only played at home

SF ex'S ,have never played and from what i've seen dont really want to

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
CraftyMech
Please Continue...

Post by CraftyMech »

I played SF2, SF2 CE, and SF2 Turbo in the arcades.

SSF2 on the SNES, SF IV on the xbox 360, and SF2 Alpha 1 & 3 on my home cab.

SF2 EX boards are usually pretty cheap on eBay, so I'm curious.
gamemaster14
Please Continue...
eBay: gamemaster14
Initials: MIK

Post by gamemaster14 »

I personally enjoy the Sega Saturn version of Street Fighter The Movie (Real Battle on Film in Japan, for some reason I love that name, sounds so strange.). The best part of it is the game was reworked from the ground up in order to play very much like Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. Capcom themselves fixed the game.

Unfortunately I do not own any of the street figher arcade games, yet. I will be receiving a copy of Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper in the mail most likely this week.

If I had to say I had a favorite it would have to be Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the 3do (as it was the only console port released). It plays basically arcade perfect as long as you have a 6 button controller. I have the Goldstar unit that looks like an old vcr.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

gamemaster14 wrote: If I had to say I had a favorite it would have to be Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo on the 3do (as it was the only console port released). It plays basically arcade perfect as long as you have a 6 button controller. I have the Goldstar unit that looks like an old vcr.
It's not arcade perfect, as it's missing frames among other things. And the game was also ported on the PS1 and Saturn, but those ports were not arcade perfect either. Check out Street Fighter Collection if you want to try it out on the other 32 bits systems.
Emulation's nice when done well
Chris

Post by Chris »

I played them all. My fav three would be third strike, super street fighter 2 and champion edition. On another note does anyone else think the new sf v looks pathetic with its stiff animations and fugly polygon models? Never been a huge fan of dimps.
skitzo
Please Continue...
eBay: alicecomesaveme
Initials: SKI

Post by skitzo »

I've played every single one and still play some of the other ones from time to time. I think I might enter Super Turbo tournament this October for Canada Cup.

Anyway in no particular order here is my top 5

Super Street Fighter 2 X GM
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Street Fighter Zero 3

Notable mentions: Ultra Street Fighter IV (how silly/sad Capcom botched each update), SFxT (the game became decent after the 2013 patch, to little, to late) Puzzle fighter series.
Ask me about arcade stick mods, repairs and upgrades!
Specializing in Hori, Mad Catz, Pad hacks, Stick mods, Custom multi-pcb set ups.
pulstar

Post by pulstar »

I've played basically all Street Fighters except some of the EX games/variations. My all time favourite Street Fighter games, in no order, are:

Alpha 2
SF3:3S
SSF2X.
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

I played all of them. For me, none succeeded in surpassing Street Fighter 2 (WW, CE and HF).
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

I played all the 2D street fighters to death. Such good memories from this series: I was the only kid having Street Fighter alpha on my street. I had a Saturn when everyone was stuck with their Megadrives.
Street Fighter 2 World Warrior was the first arcade game I have ever played. It is one of my favorite games ever and I still return to it from time to time for nostalgia reasons.
I tried Ex 1+2, but they were too far from what SF should be and they were very ugly. I was playing Virtua Fighter 3 on arcades at that time and there simply was no comparison.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I genuinely liked SF the movie. I probably still have it for the saturn :awe:

Edit: if it comes down to favourites, it used to be alpha 3, then it was 3rd strike, but I've gone back to 2X. It's as complex as it needs to be and has just enough flash.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

SFV (all versions)
SFIV (all versions)
SF X Tekken
SF The Movie (all versions)
SF EX3

Yup. There are some **** awful Street Fighter games out there. Good thing the rest are great! :awe:
Emulation's nice when done well
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

Pretty much every SF I've played including the VS games. Wasn't very good at them, but I played them :)

SF2 was pretty much my childhood, then I went on a hiatus for a little while and SFIV brought be back to my childhood and I actually started competing in comps locally - still sucked, but had a much better concept of the game as I studied it more.

With SFV, two kids on, it's hard to put time in, but I still love the game and just purchased a chewlix to put all my favourite SF games on :)
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

2x and 3rd Strike are masterpieces, maybe the best 2D Fighting games ever.

I've never really cared for IV and V, they look stupid and I can't take seriously a game that makes their characters do these idiotic faces and poses (WTF is that Zangief "super lariat" that has him spinning full speed but his head won't turn???)

All the others are great, I've played a lot of Alpha 3, too. Great game.
2X Sega Aero City