NaoPi - a Raspberry Pi as Naomi loader

Coin-operated games and arcades.
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Re: NaoPi - a Raspberry Pi as Naomi loader

Post by KmanSweden »

Maybe you just need to change the country in the bios of the Chihiro?
Up the Irons!
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

I've got a pi on the way - I'll figure it all out for the peeps.

On Chihiro and triforce region checking is still in force, by default mkgp games expect the region to be Japan.

On Chihiro only or2sp checks region, gdx-0014 needs export/USA.

With null/ABC keychip you can change the region in the system information screen in the rest mode, just hit the service button 20 odd times then region menu will appear.
Say hello to my little friend...
Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

geotrig wrote:
joeks wrote:I will follow the steps you've described next time.
Just finished testing for today. I can't get it to work on the Chihiro as well sadly :(
Here the Chihiro log http://pastebin.com/z82jup7D.
The same error 31 really, so nothing that spectacular I think.

Thanks for helping so far!
i am getting the same error 31 as well ,but i really think its more to do with the setup or something as i'm getting the same error with transfergame and ,the naomiloader (using the pythonscript) i had been using, isnt working anymore wont ping or find device :think:
Yes, if you can't even ping it or load it using the "normal" methods (triforcetools or transfergame from a normal computer) there is something wrong.
First you've to be sure at least the ping responds when using a pc and a netdimm with a fixed ip address (so you know who to ping to) or there is something in your netdimm or network not working.
Then you should test the transfergame to be sure all is properly set and then, again from your pc and if you "know" about python, you should also try with triforcetool.
Finally, if all works, also NaoPi shoul work (but without a fixed ip, with remote = enable on the chihiro")

Ok, so, what are you trying ? A chihiro model 3 ? Have you tried with a Naomi before ?

And finally a request for help.
The Naomi seems to have no problems for none, and that's great.
Then I have only a triforce type 3 and it works ok for me but not for some others while it works with transfergame, and I'd like to understand what's happening.
Triforcetools and transfergame are for sure different so I'd like to log both, at tcp level, from someone with a not working with NaoPi triforce/chihiro but working with transfergame.

I'd like someone in this situation to put his triforce/chihiro online on the internet opening the 10703 port (you've to configure your modem/router for this) to let me upload the game from my computer using both the methods and logging what's happening.

Is there some volunteer ? :)

Thanks

Paolo
Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

andygeezer wrote:I've got a pi on the way - I'll figure it all out for the peeps.

On Chihiro and triforce region checking is still in force, by default mkgp games expect the region to be Japan.

On Chihiro only or2sp checks region, gdx-0014 needs export/USA.

With null/ABC keychip you can change the region in the system information screen in the rest mode, just hit the service button 20 odd times then region menu will appear.
For the geotrig who can't even ping the chihiro probably there are other problems as him himself think, but for joeks is strange.
Joeks has the same pic and the same raspberry i have and his triforce type 3 has the same firmware versions I have. I've no problem using both transfergame or triforcetools (from my pc or from the raspberry) but he has only transfergame working and not the python script. I'm set for the export region and he has tried all the avaliables. And, last thing, I've not enabled the "region trick" written on the python script.
I'd like to know why I'm so "special" :)
So I'd like to log and compare what's happening booting. I'd like to "operate" via internet on someone other triforce/chihiro... give me an ip address with 10703 port open to play :)

Nice to know your curiousity won you :)

Thanks all

Paolo
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

yes tested with naomi and worked fine.

chihiro type 3: just changed region to export no difference, was set to japan.
with transfergame i can ping and send file but at the end it giving error 31
i'm no good with pyton so was using a loader that i deleted during the year redownloaded and it doesnt work anymore. this wont ping for me \o/

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

**** ignore all the above (geotwat stikes again)its now working after changeing game file :problem: :palm:i thought i did try the other file the other night but i didnt change the region maybe thats why it worked. /me wonders if the chihiro settings go back to Japanese after been sit on a shelf for a year

now to go test the naopi loader

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

geotrig wrote:**** ignore all the above (geotwat stikes again)its now working after changeing game file :problem: :palm:i thought i did try the other file the other night but i didnt change the region maybe thats why it worked. /me wonders if the chihiro settings go back to Japanese after been sit on a shelf for a year

now to go test the naopi loader
Ah, ok, great. So
- naomi + naopi = ok
- chihiro type 3 + transfergame + the right game = ok
Perfect. Now try NaoPi. I fear it could not work... there is something different between transfergame and triforcetools and I'd like to understand it... and probably is region related being which, as andy told, it's important on chihiro and triforce

Thanks, nice way to waste your sunday free time ;)

Paolo
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

:lol: my missus is impressed :problem:

Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

geotrig wrote::lol: my missus is impressed :problem:
real men master real games
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

well no luck with chihiro at all no matter what setting i tried it stuck at the checking network screen put the file on usb a.bin etc no luck changed pretty much all network settings etc

also cant login to the pie with root ?

Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

geotrig wrote:well no luck with chihiro at all no matter what setting i tried it stuck at the checking network screen put the file on usb a.bin etc no luck changed pretty much all network settings etc

also cant login to the pie with root ?
sure you can, root as username without password

can you please make the NaoPi log and pass me it ? It's strange it stops on the network checking.
And have you tried with transfergame before ? does it works ?
And from the pc with triforcetools ? have you tried it too ?

Then, with NaoPi have you set remore enable ?

Anyway, a clean log will be great to have, thanks !

Paolo
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead

Post by andygeezer »

Also be careful of the 1gb and 512mb Chihiro PCB as the xfat layout is configured for the memory, so uploading a 512mb net boot image on a 1gb Chihiro will generate an error, same for 1gb image to a 512mb image.

Always best to downgrade them to 512mb.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

:wtf: so i got it to load on chihiro finally ,so it definetly works, :awe: :awe: ,it probably has some timing issues or bugs etc or something and is a bit more picky with chihiro, but atleast it loaded.. tried wangan but it is a .dat file so didnt work as i suspected(transfergame.exe these as a.dat file works ok ) ,if you let me know ho i make a error log for you let me know and i can get some for you over the next couple of days

andy thats good to know that would explain some of the earlier errors i was getting so using 1gb loading 512 file

i also lost 50 euro to my daughter as i asked her if she ever heard or saw chihiro before and remembered it was in spirited away :problem:

Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

geotrig wrote::wtf: so i got it to load on chihiro finally ,so it definetly works, :awe: :awe: ,it probably has some timing issues or bugs etc or something and is a bit more picky with chihiro, but atleast it loaded.. tried wangan but it is a .dat file so didnt work as i suspected ,if you let me know ho i make a error log for you let me know and i can get some for you over the next couple of days
i also lost 50 euro to my daughter as i asked her if she ever heard or saw chihiro before and remembered it was in spirited away :problem:

andy thats good to know that would explain some of the earlier errors i was getting so using 1gb loading 512 file
Great ! So it works ? NaoPi + chihiro type 3 ? you confirm ? with security chip naturally, right ? How many MB ?

But you say it's picky and it could be. First of all I've seen sometimes I'm too fast to upload after having assigned the ip address and I can easily put a 2 or 3 seconds delay. Then there is the fact that triforcetools uploads without waiting for a chihiro feedback and then suddenly reboot. I don't know if this is so safe but naturally i can at my best put some little delay.
But you can, if you want, take a log... it's easy ! (http://www.e-venturi.com/jamma/?page_id=1096)
You've to create a text file called naopi.cfg in the same directory where you've put the .bin game image.
In naopi.cfg you've to write this only line: "logfile=naopi.log" naturally without the double quotes.
Then you've to reboot everything, i mean raspberry and chihiro, and wait until the game load or you're sure it's stuck... then switch off both.
This on and off thing for, let's say... 10 times ? :) Just to have a long log with different situations
And finally send me the naopi.log you'll find always in the naopi folder.

I don't know what's wangan and if it's in the same "format" of the other .bin images. If you want rename it .bin and let it be the first .bin alphabetically in the naopi folder and the triforcetools will try to upload it. But please don't do this during the logging as i'd like to have a log of always the same semi-working situation.

Yes, there are a lot of things to know about chihiro and triforce... probably i should write down some notes at the end...

Thanks again... and shame on you if you don't remember the Miyazaki masterpiece :)

Paolo
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

yeah chihiro type 3 ,1gb,with nulled sec chip,i will sort out error logs over the next few days

Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

geotrig wrote:yeah chihiro type 3 ,1gb,with nulled sec chip,i will sort out error logs over the next few days
Take it easy, don't worry. Only if you've time and will...

Or... you could put online your chihiro and let me try to upload the game from my computer to your chihiro so i can log all at tcp level... you've simply to connect the chihiro to your local network and open the port for it on the router...

Paolo
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

my router is at the other end of the house from the machine with the chihiro , so not sure if i could get it hooked up.

Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

geotrig wrote:my router is at the other end of the house from the machine with the chihiro , so not sure if i could get it hooked up.
No problem, don't worry :) But you all have big houses ! ;)

Paolo
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead

Post by andygeezer »

Okay, got my pi and tested.

Naomi is pretty much fool proof, on the triforce for me it hangs on the DHCP side of things (unless you kill the process and restart a couple of times, then it will work).

The easiest solution is to to setup the Triforce as 192.168.1.2 in the network settings

editing the naopi.py script

# (dummy) dhcp server
#logger.debug("starting (dummy) dhcp server")
#try:
# dummy_dhcp.execute()
#except:
# logger.exception("(dummy) dhcp server")
#logger.debug("(dummy) dhcp server ended")

This worked good for me.

Also you might want to change the mounting script of the /dev/sda1 as in many cases it can be /dev/sda, something like this I guess

mount /dev/sda /home/root/naopi/games
if [ !"$(ls -A /home/root/naopi/games)" ]; then
mount /dev/sda1 /home/root/naopi/games
fi
Paolo63
Please Continue...

Post by Paolo63 »

Thanks Andy... can you please add an "import time" and a "time.sleep(3)" on the naopi.py between the dummy_dhcp.execute() and the triforcetools.loadGame(...) lines ?
I think it's simply too fast for the triforce while the netdimm seems to have no problem on this and i prefer to use dhcp.

About the mounting, why are you suggesting that ? For partitioned memory sticks ? Uhm... I'll put on your idea, thanks.

And your was a Triforce type 3, right ?

Thanks again !

Paolo
andygeezer wrote:Okay, got my pi and tested.

Naomi is pretty much fool proof, on the triforce for me it hangs on the DHCP side of things (unless you kill the process and restart a couple of times, then it will work).

The easiest solution is to to setup the Triforce as 192.168.1.2 in the network settings

editing the naopi.py script

# (dummy) dhcp server
#logger.debug("starting (dummy) dhcp server")
#try:
# dummy_dhcp.execute()
#except:
# logger.exception("(dummy) dhcp server")
#logger.debug("(dummy) dhcp server ended")

This worked good for me.

Also you might want to change the mounting script of the /dev/sda1 as in many cases it can be /dev/sda, something like this I guess

mount /dev/sda /home/root/naopi/games
if [ !"$(ls -A /home/root/naopi/games)" ]; then
mount /dev/sda1 /home/root/naopi/games
fi