Type X3

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Niko
Please Continue...

Re: Type X3

Post by Niko »

interesting, just this weekend I was trying to clone an official Type X2 game onto another HDD using "dd" and I couldnt get it to work.

I figured it probably was checking the drive model or something as I was trying to use a different make/model HDD.

I ended up buying a Seagate ST380811AS, which is the exact same drive the official games use. I'm wondering if that will work?
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

Niko wrote:interesting, just this weekend I was trying to clone an official Type X2 game onto another HDD using "dd" and I couldnt get it to work.

I figured it probably was checking the drive model or something as I was trying to use a different make/model HDD.

I ended up buying a Seagate ST380811AS, which is the exact same drive the official games use. I'm wondering if that will work?
Both Taito and Joerg (Multigame), rely on the HDD serial number as part of there protection - Taito also use Model name, and Firmware version from the ATA Identify header.

FYI, Taito error codes 906 means incorrect ATA Identifier. Error 901 is broken security, Error 900 is ttxshell not being run as a Window shell and being manually run instead.

Always remember you don't need to clone the entire HDD, just do sector 0 - to the last sector used on the last partition - so many people clone the entire HDDs which is madness, when the HDD space used is generally less than 20GB! people must like watching paint dry.
Say hello to my little friend...
purplec

Post by purplec »

There'd was a relatively cheap X3 on yahoo Japan with ultra SF4?
Niko
Please Continue...

Post by Niko »

andygeezer wrote:
Niko wrote:interesting, just this weekend I was trying to clone an official Type X2 game onto another HDD using "dd" and I couldnt get it to work.

Both Taito and Joerg (Multigame), rely on the HDD serial number as part of there protection - Taito also use Model name, and Firmware version from the ATA Identify header.

FYI, Taito error codes 906 means incorrect ATA Identifier. Error 901 is broken security, Error 900 is ttxshell not being run as a Window shell and being manually run instead.

Always remember you don't need to clone the entire HDD, just do sector 0 - to the last sector used on the last partition - so many people clone the entire HDDs which is madness, when the HDD space used is generally less than 20GB! people must like watching paint dry.
Ahh, When I tried to clone an official drive I would get error code: 900.

The replacement drive I bought, has the same firmware version and model number. But the serial is hardcoded from factory. So I guess there is no way to actually copy a legit HDD even if you have the security key? I thought it would be a good idea to back up the drives in case they ever start to fail I can just replace them.
kazuo

Post by kazuo »

Simple cloning won't work since the protection schemes also incorporate the drive serial numbers as Andy explained. You'd probably have to make FW modifications in order for any clone of an original drive to work with an existing dongle.

Most popular games have been dumped, so I don't think cloning original drives is really worth anyone's time. If you have something that is undumped, consider asking someone to dump it for you in case the original drive dies.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Got a set of TX3 boards, thought I'd share some pics as I have not found anything yet:

Top of HDD mount and front of security key:

Underside of mount with HDD attached:

Closer look at logo on the front of the security key:

Back of security key:

Female IDEesque port on top of security key:
Shou
Location: Central Tokyo, Japan, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
Initials: SHO

Post by Shou »

Interesting, so you are the one who bought them. You won't be able to do anything with them without the original mobo.

I'll leave this picture here:
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

Yeah, realize that, one of the items that is next on my list to get. Still have other hardware I'm buying for research purposes.
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Another necro bump here.

Is the TTX3 only outputting 720p or does it do 480p as well like the X2?
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

both , like the tx2
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

Jan wrote:both , like the tx2
Cheers Jan. Time to find an USF 4 then. :awe:
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

Hi-a,

Does Puzzle and Dragons require a special I/O card from the original touch screen cabinet to get past the splash screen, or should it boot and run in demo mode with just JVS attached.

Aside from looking sexy, has anybody found a use for the X3 at home? :D

J
"Please contact the local attendant"
jimmerd
eBay: jimma-d
Initials: jmd

Post by jimmerd »

jimmerd wrote:Hi-a,

Does Puzzle and Dragons require a special I/O card from the original touch screen cabinet to get past the splash screen, or should it boot and run in demo mode with just JVS attached.

Aside from looking sexy, has anybody found a use for the X3 at home? :D

J
Hi-a,

Feedback from other users was a follows..

A P&D does require a Fast I/O card to be connected to it. NESiCA card reader is needed and does require a specific touchscreen as it enumerates it by device id. Its a nanots touch panel.

The TX3 is worthless though since each hardware unit is locked specifically to the game that is sold with it. Also, the TX3 system specs differ from game to game. P&D has the lowest system specs out of any other game released while L4D and USFIV have the highest. If you're looking for a game to play out of the box with a TX3, I'd try to find a USFIV unit
"Please contact the local attendant"
Spectrexcwk
Please Continue...
eBay: Spectrexcwk
Initials: Nwb

Post by Spectrexcwk »

I have some more security questions about the type x platform.

Jackalus posted some arcade hdd video dumps here -https://assemblergames.com/threads/dumped-videos.59215/. Assuming those are real does that mean he somehow got past whatever security measures are built into the hdd? In that thread he also claims that he has ultra street fighter 4 running on a type x 2 with a fast i/o interpreter.
jimmerd wrote:
jimmerd wrote: The TX3 is worthless though since each hardware unit is locked specifically to the game that is sold with it. Also, the TX3 system specs differ from game to game. P&D has the lowest system specs out of any other game released while L4D and USFIV have the highest. If you're looking for a game to play out of the box with a TX3, I'd try to find a USFIV unit
I find it surprising usf4 "requires" an x3 when it's just new characters in the same engine. Was this done for increased security on the x3? Also could you expand on the hardware lock you mentioned. Does that mean each game hdd only works with 1 particular locked motherboard, or that each motherboard only runs one game (but an hdd from a different mobo would work)?

I have a modded ps3 and I've spent a decent amount of time fiddling with usf4's and ae 2012's various files. The folder structures are very similar. Iirc for each new version they literally just added a folder to the base game with all the changes inside it. The game has proven trivial to mod on pc.

Anyway If we had access to the type x2 or x3 hdd, would it be possible to just patch usf4 v1 to 1.5(which requires nesica) using say modified pc version files?
corey
Please Continue...

Post by corey »

jackulus didnt do **** he got someone else to decrypt the games for him.

also USF4 was released on the NXL1 platform which runs on a TTX2 aswell as a standalone TTX3 game. the 2 are the exact same build. actually the ttx3 version was moved to a stripped down nesica client so they could share the same update method.
at that time jack had a nesica setup and still was unaware of this.

in comparison to other pc based arcade hardware eg segas ringedge and namcos ESx the TTX1/2/3 security is very basic.

it's not the actual game that needs nesica connection its the stripped down nesica client i spoke of earlier needing it which is what is used to mount the encrypted img and launch the game.
the game will happily run even without the nesysservice (used as an intermediate between the game and taitos stats server) running in the background unlike some of the other games will refuse to boot if it isnt present.
fire10

Post by fire10 »

Great info guys really enjoyed reading these as I know very little about the hardware. Is it right that usf4 has been Dumped I assumed there were problems as it's one of the only outstanding releases. Thanks again
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Shou wrote: September 20th, 2011, 5:25 am Taito rep mentioned that it's backwards compatible with X2.
Is this actually true? Original X2 games give me a 'System Error Code : 901' when booted on a X3.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

A scrapped feature perhaps.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »