Vogatek SG

Everything Supergun related
CPS2
Street Fighter

Vogatek SG

Post by CPS2 »

Are these any good?? :problem:

I wanna put one in my boardmaster shell with a cheap PSU.
Aypok
Please Continue...
eBay: aypok
Initials: AYP

Re: Vogatek SG

Post by Aypok »

It depends on how you define "good". From what I've been reading, most people hate them - but they're cheap and do the job. Mine hasn't given me any problems.
Violator and subject to severe penalties and will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam

<kernow> I am indeed a happy mother ****
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

Aypok wrote:It depends on how you define "good". From what I've been reading, most people hate them - but they're cheap and do the job. Mine hasn't given me any problems.
Picture mainly?? Is it ok (I'm not asking for perfection.)
Aypok
Please Continue...
eBay: aypok
Initials: AYP

Post by Aypok »

CPS2 wrote:Picture mainly?? Is it ok (I'm not asking for perfection.)
As far as I'm concerned, the picture is great. I'm sure a million people will wade in and contradict me, so I'll qualify that by saying I generally don't care about small display problems - so I could be missing something.

I use it for MVS and horizontal boards on my TV and they look really nice through the RGB SCART lead I use; crisp and clear.
Violator and subject to severe penalties and will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam

<kernow> I am indeed a happy mother ****
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

The worst of it is how impractical they are when swapping boards, they need a harness extension really.

Output quality is fine, it is after all just a board with some connectors soldered on and very little else

If you are after one Andy, hit me up and i'll do you a deal on one with a small harness

EDIT: on second thoughts, mine is the one with Mega Drive controller ports, probably not ideal for what you have in mind
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

aryssoR wrote:The worst of it is how impractical they are when swapping boards, they need a harness extension really.

Output quality is fine, it is after all just a board with some connectors soldered on and very little else

If you are after one Andy, hit me up and i'll do you a deal on one with a small harness

EDIT: on second thoughts, mine is the one with Mega Drive controller ports, probably not ideal for what you have in mind
Yea, I'm after the MK3 version iirc. Any idea on a suitable PSU for it.
Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

Pretty much any ATX that has a -5v on pin 18 if you have any boards that require it, or any ATX if not
CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 »

aryssoR wrote:Pretty much any ATX that has a -5v on pin 18 if you have any boards that require it, or any ATX if not
CPS2 :awe: No -5v for me.....
whitecomet
Initials: DNA

Post by whitecomet »

hi did you get the MK3 board in the end?

I had the old MegaDrive one and it didnt emulate the sound correctly on SSF2X, but the sound emulated fine on some other CPS2 games... just wondering for a quick solution if these are any good..